The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For most, this might sound a bit strange to ask. For anyone located within a reasonable distance from Huntsville, AL, I'd REALLY like to be able to get my hands dirty on ANY Lotus Esprit work any of you might be doing so I can become more familiar with the innards, processes, etc. I'm waiting on the P.O. to receive the title in the mail and I'll be taking delivery of a '93.5 soon after.

My wife and I go to Atlanta fairly regularly to visit her folks (Tucker area) so I could go as far east as that. While there, I'll be getting a pre-buy (technically a post-buy) inspection done of the car to get a thorough idea of what I'm working with and what will need attention in the short term. I know I'll be doing the Gates timing belt done and a good look at the water pump, but she seems in pretty good condition just from what I've seen. No leaks and drives smoothly.

Pretty much within four hours of Huntsville in any direction, I don't mind driving. I'm extremely laid back, can make beer runs, know how to stay out of the way and definitely enjoy getting my hands dirty. I might even have a few tools you may need for your upcoming/current projects I could offer up.

Ultimately, I just want to become intimately familiar with the car and meet a few nice people along the way. Who knows, maybe you could use an extra hand lifting something or just a second set of hands/eyes.

PM me or email. Currently, my schedule is slammed for November, but anything after is pretty wide open.

Email is loadedmind [a]t gmail dotcom
Cell is two five six, 5o3-nine oh 34.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Nice offer! I've got a transmission job to do in an unheated garage in MA.

It's very nice of you to offer your help to other owners. If your a mechanic and need to know anything about these cars PM me. Be careful with those water pump bolts... on the 910 they are only 6 mm diameter and can snap in a heart beat. It's all about 'technique'.

Robert

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Robert. As I'm sure you can imagine, I'm amassing quite a bit of info from this and several other resources under something called "Lotus_Notes" for the times I know I'm going to have to get down and dirty with my new-to-me Esprit. I'm John, by the way.

I've only done typical stuff to cars in the past so, calling myself a mechanic, in my eyes, is a bit of a stretch. I do enjoy working on cars, but I've still so much to learn.

I REALLY wish I could sit in on that transmission job. You don't have heaters in your garage? How are you going to work on it with frozen fingers?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts