The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they're finally done. It seems to always take a little longer than I expect, but I'm pretty happy with the results. Two styles, a big 2 1/2" single and something that I'll call "The Twingle", it's not really a twin or a single, but it's cool. My philosophy has always been simple, functional, lightweight and affordable so I didn't make them real shiny, just a nice brushed finish like the rest of the exhaust. Total weight is just under 12 pounds. I'm also trimming my margins a tad and have revised prices. $499.00 for the above the diffuser exit and $599.00 for either style of through diffuser exit. Anyone with one of my above the diffuser systems can get the through diffuser tailpipe in either style for $100.00. I should be able to get them up on my site later this evening. Feedback is welcomed.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I think they are great. Are you going to be out at the track anytime soon? HTM on the 17th 18th?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I definitely need to get out soon, I've went out to the streets on the new 600, but I'm jonesing to get out in the car. I dig the new paint BTW.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a clip on youtube, but I can't go there to get a link because I'm at my corporate computer. Search Von Hep on youtube and you'll find it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
texige said:
Is it louder or softer than a Stage 2? The video is awesome.
I think from outside the car they are probably similar in volume. My impression of the stage II or any large mechanically baffled exhaust, is that they kind of mix up the sound waves like they're in a big barrel, a nice tone, just not real crisp. A straight through perf core with packing type muffler like this (and most of the other popular brands) tend to be a nice crispy mechanical tone.

I've never been inside a car with a stage II, but I've heard many comments that it is very boomy or has too much drone. Others don't seem to mind. I've had no complaints in this area and am personally very happy with the interior sound.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
that would be the lift anti slip hook :D

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
jlotusd: mind giving us a comparison between the 2? Drone? Inside sound? outside sound? :D give me details!!!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
jlotusd said:
i just replaced my stage 2 with von hep "the twingle".:shift:
What do you want for the Stage 2? Is it a welded one?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts