1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
711 Posts
Wow, I think that looks really cool. If I still lived in Michigan where it snowed. I'd probably rather have that then the Elise for great fun in the winter. My grandparents have some land in the Upper Penninsula. And well, anyway, I could have a lot of fun if it performs as well as it looks like it could.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Kind of looks like the Dakar Rally cars. My only issue is that it'd be one 'utility' vehicle without any utility. I've often toyed with the idea of a 'fun' utility car. However, when I think that I need a bike rack, a ski rack, a tow hitch and room for a greyhound on the inside cars like this, Vehicross etc fall off the list promptly.

·
Registered
866 Posts
And it will be powered by.....

THE VR6. Congratulations.

Sorry, it was too tempting. I like the look of it though. I think it might be a little too "out there" for some people to go and buy. I think ISUZU tried to make a 2 door agressive Sport utility with something like 230 hp a few years ago. It was called the Vehi-cross. It was a bomb, and now I think that there are only 1 or 2 models that Isuzu is producing here in the US. Oh well, maybe if 2 respected manufacturers come out with their products at teh same time, it will create a buzz and they both will have some success.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think the problem is people want a car that does a little bit of everything well, but does nothing exceptionally well.

"I want a sports car that's an SUV and a luxury car and a pickup, and a global communication and entertainment center - and I want it cheap but exclusive."

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I saw it at the auto show this year...

Looks like it would be cool for sand dunes and other things of that nature, but beyond that I don't really see the point.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I saw it at the auto show this year...

Looks like it would be cool for sand dunes and other things of that nature, but beyond that I don't really see the point.
I don't know if you saw the Fifth Gear episode where they were testing an old Range Rover SUV at 45mph doing a emergency lane change and the thing rolled over due to the high CG. Good thing they did add rollover bars for the test.

These cars with lower CG will make SUV's a bit safer to drive (for their drivers)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Miguel said:
These cars with lower CG will make SUV's a bit safer to drive (for their drivers)
That's a shame, because it will only encourage them to be even worse drivers than most of them already are... effectively putting the rest of us in more danger.

I've always found it amusing to see SUVs flipped over on the side of the road with no other cars around them. When their occupants are standing outside of them, I usually point and laugh.

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts