1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Good god man!

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Wow, that's great! How do the stats compare to the 2ZZ-GE? A lot more torgue I'm sure...

Does it weigh a lot more?

What has been your biggest obstacle so far?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
damn, i definitely need to see more pictures and videos of this.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've been thinking that the narrow angle alloy block 24v vr6 would make the elise a real supercar. Somebody else had the same thought :evil:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Awesome!

You sold your R32 a while back didn't you Bill? How has the M coupe been treating you?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
P.S. It looks like the engine is right against the firewall... did you have to use solid mounts to prevent contact, or is there more room than the photos show?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...cool!..

...i've wondered about this same swap for quite some time, but suspected the engine might be too large and heavy without significant subframe modifications...

...hey keith, weren't you going to let me know about something VR6-swap-related after LOG?..

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
...cool!..

...i've wondered about this same swap for quite some time, but suspected the engine might be too large and heavy without significant subframe modifications...

...hey keith, weren't you going to let me know about something VR6-swap-related after LOG?..
??? I don't recall. (did you mean me?) I don't have any kind of swap going on. Maybe I was making a reference to the swap Sector111 was covering at LOG with Secant engineering?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
:up:

·
Registered
563 Posts
:eek::eek::drool::drool:

God it'd be nice to have that N/A torque, power, and power delivery in a Lotus!!!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome!
You sold your R32 a while back didn't you Bill? How has the M coupe been treating you?
The R32 and Lotus left at the same time since I don't drive a lot, I have only put 12k miles on the Z4MC in two years including a few mountain trips.

An R32 friend in Australia sent me this link, I can only imagine what an Elise with a fat flat torque curve would feel like ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Based on the picture above with the fuel cap, the car looks like a S1 Elise. No S2s have that fuel cap.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts