The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to introduce myself to all you lotus lovers, maybe one or two haters, anyway I have always loved the looks and performance of the elise. I grew up working on vdubs and eventually became a master VW tech. Loved the small displacement and handling of the early eighties gtis. Hated fixing my sisters beetles all the time. Starter solenoids. Sticky chokes. Anyway eventually left VW a few years back and got into saabs. Presently I own my prize possession an 01 9/3 Viggen. Beautiful condition. Mostly lives in the garage, been part of me for around 15 years. Which brings me to the lotus. I am quickly approaching my 50th bday and with wifes approval I have started looking. I have until April to finish saving. I look forward to soaking up as much info as I can. I can only afford an 05 or 06. Would prefer 06 for the better seats and headlamps that don't melt in the sun:). Not sure what I will do with the Vig. Unfortunately they don't fetch much yet. Anyway look forward to maybe attending some events when things get better. I'm located in MD if there are any lotus fans in my area please let me know. Thanks Jeremy. Also sorry if I broke any rules posting a pic of another make:sneaky:
20200623_181106.jpg
20200819_181620.jpg

·
Administrator
1,550 Posts
Welcome to LT! Great place to learn about Lotus before getting out and buying one.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
210 Posts
Where abouts in MD, im not to far from there! Cool Saab!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Welcome @Saabbug! There's a lot of info here to help your decision and not much that has already happened or could happen that is well documented here.

I'm in Annapolis. I turned 50 last April, not exactly the year for grand celebrations... I was a VW guy back in the late 80's early 90's. I had (4) different Mk1 1981 Scirocco S models. Many of the parts from the first one went to the second, then the third... If it weren't for emissions testing being instituted at that time, I'd probably still have one stowed away somewhere. The last one had a 1.8 liter bubble block (Audi) with polished & matched/ported head, custom CAI, aftermarket header, de-cat, Koni adjustable shocks, larger F/R anti-sway bars, upper F/R strut tower bars and stock Recaro seats with 4pt Schroth belts. So easy to work on and fun to drive for a FWD car... I remember ordering parts from Neuspeed in Cali and getting the engine built by a now defunct company; European Import Performance near Sykesville, MD. I thought my car was the $!#% for a 4-banger! I do miss her but have found myself even more in love with over 150k miles of being behind the wheel of Elise! Good luck with your search!

Reactions: Saabbug

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome @Saabbug! There's a lot of info here to help your decision and not much that has already happened or could happen that is well documented here.

I'm in Annapolis. I turned 50 last April, not exactly the year for grand celebrations... I was a VW guy back in the late 80's early 90's. I had (4) different Mk1 1981 Scirocco S models. Many of the parts from the first one went to the second, then the third... If it weren't for emissions testing being instituted at that time, I'd probably still have one stowed away somewhere. The last one had a 1.8 liter bubble block (Audi) with polished & matched/ported head, custom CAI, aftermarket header, de-cat, Koni adjustable shocks, larger F/R anti-sway bars, upper F/R strut tower bars and stock Recaro seats with 4pt Schroth belts. So easy to work on and fun to drive for a FWD car... I remember ordering parts from Neuspeed in Cali and getting the engine built by a now defunct company; European Import Performance near Sykesville, MD. I thought my car was the $!#% for a 4-banger! I do miss her but have found myself even more in love with over 150k miles of being behind the wheel of Elise! Good luck with your search!
Oh wow. EIP was practically in my backyard. I was pretty close with those guys. Rip Rich. I also dumped most of my savings into the neuspeed catalog and tectonics stuff.
20200820_055853.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts