The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2008 base model elise, now a year old.... They are trying to charge me $693 for my tags this year. Is this right? How much are all you other GA boys payin'? SweetDaddyD? is this right?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, but this is the dirty south. Things should be at least half as much here :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
werd. Cali has been brutal this year
Probably because they are about to be bank rupt. Sucking every greenback they can out of anything they can. Just one of the many reasons I left.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
SweetDaddyD? is this right?
Well it's what they charge, yup. (now whether I agree if it's "right" or not...)
The best part? You get to pay it every year. :sad:
I'm on 4 years now.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Probably because they are about to be bank rupt. Sucking every greenback they can out of anything they can. Just one of the many reasons I left.
Actually it's because CA went back to the fees that were in place before ARNOLD took over. He repealed the higher license fees within the first few days of taking office. Now he's gone back the other way.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hey I have a 2008 base model elise, now a year old.... They are trying to charge me $693 for my tags this year. Is this right? How much are all you other GA boys payin'? SweetDaddyD? is this right?
If it is any small solace, it does drop each year. This year the tax on my 2006 Elise dropped about $100 to $545. (I think there is also some county-by-county variation too, but it probably isn't worth moving just to save a few bucks.)

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Here in Maryland, where you're taxed on nearly everything as soon as you wake up in the morning, I am VERY surprised they've not yet gotten to this type of annual personal property tax. Living next to Va, where they do have such a tax, I doubt MD will let this revenue gouge go untapped much longer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, this makes me glad to live in Delaware. Tags are $40 a year and the tax (they call it a document fee) of 3.75% of the NADA value at the time of purchase. That's it.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
$ 179.00 here in Michigan...... I think PA is the best at like 49.00

·
Registered
285 Posts
Appleseed,

I paid $471 in April of this year in Chatham County for my 2006 that I bought in 2007. This included a ~$30 late fee because they never mailed me an invoice. :evil:

If you're ever in the Savannah area and want to work on some mods, let me know.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
$54 in NY

·
Registered
4,451 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Just received my renewal and it is $75 here in WI.

We will be moving to GA eventually and this tax is not something I am looking forward to paying each year. Does GA tax anything else this way?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Does FL have this?

·
Registered
135 Posts
$60 in VT go next door to NH and I was told its a percentage of the value of the car. My GF paid over $200 to register her 2003 Envoy I dont want to know what a lotus would cost to register. Live free or die my ass lol.

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
$822.67 this year.

I win!!! :clap:

..er :eek:

never mind. :mad:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts