The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Miata driver but lotus fan here. Have a couple of friends with those weird clam eyed things always been a fan but a bit out of my price range. :(
Originally from Florida moved up to Kansas four years ago and now reside in Overland Park kansas. One of the most boring places I've ever lived so I expect me to lurk a lot. Any ways bet yall are tired of this boring new guy thread so here is a couple pictures of my miata. It's a bit low on the functional side right now but I plan on working on body work and doing so mods to it over the winter to get it a bit more functional.

Back when it had all the sweet stickers and how we carry our "track tires" with the roll bar

and yours truly sitting on the back when I let my friend drive (bad idea)

and a shot from my friend Kyle Lackey of Focus Photography

Anyways I signed up mainly for one reason other then just browsing and being jealous and that is I'm looking for a rear diffuser from a elise for my miata. TheChazz sent me this way so hopefully he is well liked so I can ruin his reputation... I mean help it. Yah thats right.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm going to church today and I'm going to pray for 3 things:

- A congressional ban on flat brimmed hats

- Kate Upton to move in next door to me

- 'Stanced/Cambered/Hellflushed/WhateverTheyAreCalled' cars to disappear from the face of the Earth

Wish me luck!

I do have a serious question - doesn't the whole 'cambered stance' thing defeat the purpose of a car's handling for autocross?

·
Registered
708 Posts
They let you run with that rollbar? Doesn't look 2" over the top of the helmet to me.

I like the car. I'd replace the bar and raise it a couple inches myself.

·
Registered
290 Posts

- 'Stanced/Cambered/Hellflushed/WhateverTheyAreCalled' cars to disappear from the face of the Earth

Wish me luck!

I do have a serious question - doesn't the whole 'cambered stance' thing defeat the purpose of a car's handling for autocross?

Win!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

Wish me luck!

Amen haha! :up:

·
Registered
152 Posts
So how often do you have to flip the tires on the rims because steel belts don't have any traction?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
Oh... c'mon guys. This guy sounds cool. At least he ain't coming in and proclaiming his stanced/slammed/cambered/camel toed ricer car is the coolest in the world and gets hella attention from dem bitches and then he's gonna get him one o' dem cool ass Lotuseseseseses and then slam it on down low ta da ground, fool! Know what I'm sayin, dawg?!??!!? Ya feel me? Suckah?

So anyway, this guy actually sounds pretty cool and he did say he is going to mod it back to being functional... which just means he has to raise the car back up, IMHO.

I like the car and I like that he actually does take it to Auto-X instead of just going to the latest HIN to slam it and end up scraping all the grass off as he drives it to the parking spot to floss and front wit' dem fine ass skanks and ho's, I mean... er... HIN models.

BETTAH RECOGNIZE AND STEP OFF BEFOH MY GLOCK POP OFF, SON!

WITNESS DA STREEENTH OF STREET KNOWLEDGE!

P.S. Where is the "TAPOUT" sticker?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
And so goes the welcoming committee. Pauly as you can see best you change your car back if you want any respect around here

oh, and welcome? :)

I won't blame you for not coming back, but you have to know what kind of crowd you're dealing with! Handling is sacred to Lotus folk. This is like walking into a bar and asking for a wine cooler.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Love Love Love it!

Also not a fan of stanced cars, but your stance is function over form (right?), not vice versa, like some others painfully do.

:up:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cool car ... welcome, by the way your in Phil territory, it can't be tooooo boring :).

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Oh... c'mon guys. This guy sounds cool. At least he ain't coming in and proclaiming his stanced/slammed/cambered/camel toed ricer car is the coolest in the world and gets hella attention from dem bitches and then he's gonna get him one o' dem cool ass Lotuseseseseses and then slam it on down low ta da ground, fool! Know what I'm sayin, dawg?!??!!? Ya feel me? Suckah?

So anyway, this guy actually sounds pretty cool and he did say he is going to mod it back to being functional... which just means he has to raise the car back up, IMHO.

I like the car and I like that he actually does take it to Auto-X instead of just going to the latest HIN to slam it and end up scraping all the grass off as he drives it to the parking spot to floss and front wit' dem fine ass skanks and ho's, I mean... er... HIN models.

BETTAH RECOGNIZE AND STEP OFF BEFOH MY GLOCK POP OFF, SON!

WITNESS DA STREEENTH OF STREET KNOWLEDGE!

P.S. Where is the "TAPOUT" sticker?

Great "street" but you forgot to throw in a couple "Mofos" to have the whole effect.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
And so goes the welcoming committee. Pauly as you can see best you change your car back if you want any respect around here

oh, and welcome? :)

I won't blame you for not coming back, but you have to know what kind of crowd you're dealing with! Handling is sacred to Lotus folk. This is like walking into a bar and asking for a wine cooler.
Great "street" but you forgot to throw in a couple "Mofos" to have the whole effect.
Hey, I gave him props for actually using his car in AutoX... mofo!:up::coolnana::shift:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
No hate from me, I think it's a great looking Miata. My love for cars goes beyond a single nut-swinging facet. If the car fits your lifestyle, then the car is perfect for you.

Also, is your license plate a reference to a certain skit from a prominent 1992 album? *wink*

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts

Wish me luck!

And here I thought that one of your wishes would be no closed season on whitetail deer. Or is that in next week's prayers?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts