The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was just looking and it seems like there are way less cars available in general, and prices on the rest are rather.. uh... healthy. Just me being optimistic, snow blinded & cabin fevered? I just thought there would be more cars for sale by now.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I think it is just a little early. But I do agree with you. Usually there is an abundance of cars come up in the spring. Maybe in about a month?

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,516 Posts
I know when I was hunting for my Exige there didn’t seem to be many for sale often, maybe because I was waiting for one I wanted. There did seem to be more for sale than I have seen this year though, maybe more as spring really arrives or maybe people are starting to hang onto them. Prices seem up again as well.

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Yeah, now that my Polar Blue is on its way down from Seattle there will probably be 50 Nightfall or Mag blue cars come up next month...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Oh yeah make no mistake of it, I have been watching for sale forum for 2 years now. I started as a lurker to x $$$ willing to spend to my latest purchase.

Last year things were still good in term of cars for sale. I was after an 08 SC Elise. At the beginning of summer 2013 its like sales fell to zero. By that I mean cars for sale. It remained constant all winder and this spring as well. When an 08 did appear it was priced high.

I saw lots of 05 and 06's this spring, like way too many to the point I was almost willing for grab one of them. I ended up settling on an offer I could not resist for an 07. I dont mean settle in a bad sense, I really love the car. I just like to stay to my limits requirements.

I will say I have not seen the same trend for exige's. Though I dont pay a lot of attention to them, I have seen a lot of them for sale since summer of 2013.

enderw88, that is what I fear also, I tried to hold out for a nice blue, and in 2013 I turned down an 08 SC polar blue for 43 k, regretted it all winter. You made a good choice ( just wait till you see that color in person ).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts