The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

Club111 would like to send a gift basket/flowers on your behalf to Robert Konick and family in hopes that he get well soon.

Please send donations via paypal to treasurer(at)club111(dot)net or via check to:

Club111
PO Box 12552
La Jolla, CA 92039

Please mark on your payment "Wallabyguy get well fund". Any additional funds received will go to his wife and family to help while Robert recovers.

He has volunteered a tremendous amount of time to support the elise community and to create and maintain a Club111 presence in the NE. I sincerely hopes he gets better soon.

I will include your name on a get well card. If you have any additional comments you'd like to add, please email me at ljaffe(at)ucsd(dot)edu

Thanks for your support.
Lillie

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
done...
hopefully we can have a BBQ in the spring and welcome Snuffy II

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for everyones support! I've received lots of donations today. You guys are awesome!!!

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
I just spoke to Robert's wife Stephanie. She told me Robert is allergic to flowers so a plant might be a better idea. He is also not able to eat at this time. I will be sending some type of food basket anyway for his family and the people who might be able to visit him. I think we should wait a bit to hear from Stephanie to see what is most needed at this time.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Done. I have an idea that won't take much of the contributions, and I'm sure he'd love: an Evolution driving school class next spring. He has said he wants to try an autoX. I'll take the course with him (paying my own way of course) so that he has help. Just a thought.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Another idea is a Sector 111 Gift certificate.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He might be recovering from a neck injury for a while. Dont see him being able to autoX any time soon. :(

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm hopeful that by next May when the Evo class is in DC or June in Enlgshtown he'll be 100%. :)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
How do we send physical gifts? And what kinds of things would he like during recovery? (For example, I have some good video and PC games I could send him -- Rome: Total War, Half-Life2, new stuff for Xbox, all still unopened -- but I don't know if he will be able to play games during recovery, or even want to play games... don't know his age, interests, etc.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You might want to wait a few days to find out what he'd like or what he needs.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JonM3Coupe said:
How do we send physical gifts? And what kinds of things would he like during recovery? (For example, I have some good video and PC games I could send him -- Rome: Total War, Half-Life2, new stuff for Xbox, all still unopened -- but I don't know if he will be able to play games during recovery, or even want to play games... don't know his age, interests, etc.
PM me and I will give you his address.

As far as his persona, I dont know how old he is but is married with kids. I can ask his wife next time I speak to him what he might enjoy while he's recovering.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts