The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Robert. His room number is 953A in the Silverstein Building at the University of Penn. Hospital. He has been advised by his doctors that he can now eat food!!!!! His phone number in the hospital room is 215 615-8341. He started to cry when I told him his new Laser Blue Elise was arriving this weekend. The reason he was crying is I told him what I wanted for a premium for an at once Laser car !!! :p :p :p ONLY KIDDING!! NO HATE MAIL!!!! Don't everybody call at once but do send him some love.................

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been a very frequent lurker on this board for quite some time, and I've noticed a certain comradary (have no idea how to spell that....comrade-ary) that is second to none. Couldn't ask for more welcoming drivers and dreamers (i.e. me). :clap:

We all wish a speedy recovery for you Robert!

-Zach

·
Registered
592 Posts
Great news! I felt guilty picking up my Laser Blue car yesterdy but it was great to hear you had a car to offer him if he needs it (I still hope Snuffy can rise again).

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Just curious, did Mitch say why he didnt want the car?

When I saw him in NJ over the summer he was enthusiatic about getting it.

I thought Race and Prestige was going to be working on a lot of high performance options for the car and that they would want to have a car to show it off on.

I know he loved that color too since it was similar to his race cars color.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
xxxotic said:
I thought Race and Prestige was going to be working on a lot of high performance options for the car and that they would want to have a car to show it off on.
I think R&P may have decided to move on from the Elise market...

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think when R&P saw what Shinoo was doing they had second thoughts!!! Only kidding. I am not sure what R&P's intentions are at this time but John Reese in Australia who owns it is a gentleman and extreamly knowledgeable. Mitch bought seveal cars since he placed his order and his priorities have changed. He's still tops on my list and I hope to have him in an Elise soon enough. He was VERY happy that his car was going to Robert!!! A happy ending for all in a situation that we all realize could have had a much worse ending. It puts it all into perspective for us especially in the Holiday season. Life is fragile and we should all live it like there's no tomorrow because we never know......

·
Registered
273 Posts
Will the lazer blue car be there for viewing tomorrow Mark?

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It depends on what time it comes in. If it comes in early, I'd love to show it to you...........Call me to discuss...........

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Looks like Zero is trying to buy it out from under Robert! :huh:

Just kidding!:D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Pin;the LBM (laser blue mafia)won't allow that to happen :D
greg

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Guestbook and pics of the car at www.robkonick.info

From Steph-
lso Rob is doing well he is now in room 631 radnor bldg at HUP.

ps update everyone and tell them to go to www.robkonick.info

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
ex-M3-I was wondering how folks picking up LB cars would feel, but you did nothing wrong and should not be penalized in anyone's mind, even if there wasn't another LB available.

Did anyone go look at the pics? Yikes! How did the steering wheel get chopped in half? I hope it wasn't Rob's sternum.

I have to wonder what will happen to Snuffy now. Although clearly totaled, there are still a lot of salvagable pieces Rob might want to have handy for Snuffy 2. He should try to get it from the insurance company unless he simply wants this chapter of his life clearly behind him, which would be more than understandable...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
On the same topic, I'd be surprised if the powers that be at Lotus wouldn't want the car for studying. There probably isn't a lot of info on this kind of collision. Perhaps they can make a safer car as a result.:confused:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Ancient Wedgie said:
Why didnt the airbag go off?

after looking at the pics, I was going to ask exact same question....the airbag is within the certer aspect of steering wheel right??...I will be very upset and irritated if the airbag didnt deploy after a wreck like that(and Robert should obviously be even more upset)...not good if this is true...its one thing to offer crappy customer service but if an airbag doesnt deploy on a small fiberglass car after major wreck, thats another story all together.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts