The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My low mileage 2006 wants to go faster. Not to race, just for kicks.
I am in FL and New Mexico a lot. I need a competent garage to do this work. I need all the suggestions I can get.
Oh yeah, do you think it’s better to just trade up to a turbo model?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
As per forum rules, all new members MUST introduce themselves in the new member section.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know a fellow in central FL who turbo'd his own car including building up his engine and tuning it. His car is a monster and so far has been really reliable. In the past he has expressed possible interest in doing the same work for others. If you are serious I can probably get you in contact with him. He doesn't put up with crap though so take that as a warning if you aren't a serious customer and want to just waste his time. He might insist you come to a few car meet-ups first so he can gauge what kind of person you are.

·
Drone Racing Pilot
79 Posts
This question comes up a bunch these days. Turbo or Supercharging I would recommend you build the motor as well. At the very least lower the compression, ARP head studs, and a billet oil pump ( the stocker cast one is known to blow up at high stress/rpm). The fuel system will have to be modified/upgraded, along with the clutch, flywheel, replace/upgrade the stock cams if they are wiped, and the ECU tune! (reflash or Standalone) These items do not come cheap. Plus the cost of your selected power adder. Take a look at my build log (page 3) in my sig to see whats really involved labor and $$$/part wise.

My motto has always been do it right the first time, or you'll pay again to do it right the 2nd time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts