The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would also consider an exige, but don't want to pay the extra $$$.

Ready to buy for the right price.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Wow! I thought they got rid of this one. I didnt drive it but sat in it. It is a nice color. Black accents go nice with it. Talk to Mike if you do decide...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Socal_Mini said:

That one is a little too expensive and we really don't have any reason to pay a premium for the exige since we don't plan on tracking the vehicle.

It is a rare color, I imagine we'll be searching for the right color/price combo for awhile.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Last time I talked with their sales manager he was asking $50k. Honestly I think that's a bit high, especially for that color (certainly not to my liking). I honestly think you could find a much better deal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i almost bought that car

until the folks there became 'confused' about whether the price i had negotiated was still valid. they then didn't call me back, so i bought an elise elsewhere. imo, they're now requesting too high a premium for a purple car which they've had for i'd guess 8 months now. if you buy it, you better love it, because if the time they've had it is any indication, i'd guess you may have a hard time re-selling it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mc0upe said:
until the folks there became 'confused' about whether the price i had negotiated was still valid. they then didn't call me back, so i bought an elise elsewhere. imo, they're now requesting too high a premium for a purple car which they've had for i'd guess 8 months now. if you buy it, you better love it, because if the time they've had it is any indication, i'd guess you may have a hard time re-selling it.
I think that is a fair statement. That is why we're looking for a used one.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Make them an offer. The worst that could happen is they say no. Tell them it's a standing offer until you find an Elise. I'll bet that at some point they stop paying the floor plan on it and just sell it.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Apparently they own the vehicle outright, sales manager says they have 50k into it. It just sits in the back lot out of sight like they're not interested in selling it. *shrug*

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
A great color in person.

A Kansas State alumnus I presume?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
wow. great looking car and i looooove that color. price does need some work but i'm sure they'll hook you up just like any of the reputable dealers on here!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts