The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've read many Lotus forum entries/sites that stress the high cost of ownership of the V8's. I've read anything from 'expect to pay an average of $500 per year' to 'I paid (an unexpected) $10,000 in the first year of owning.' I know the key to buying the right Esprit s buying the one that has been best taken care of and that the car's history of treatment is about as good an indicator of future reliability as one could expect. It has been my dream to own an Esprit since I was a teenager in the 80s, so I want to go into this search with a realistic expectation of how much to expect to pay to live out this dream. I have no problem paying 40k, 50k, for a well-kept late-model V8, but I'd like to have an idea of what a REALISTIC expectation is for ongoing yearly maintenance. If I have to budget $500-1000 a year, that's one thing. If I need to have $10K set aside each year for 'what ifs' or b/c it's realistic to expect to have to pay that much every year to keep it running, well, that's another. What are your thoughts, pieces of advice, opinions, etc? Thank you!

·
Registered
663 Posts
everything I have read is in the $2-4K a yr avg if you are paying someone else to work on a v8. Some years it might be $500 while a few years later could be a new trans.

$1-2K if it's a 4cyl Esprit

I have also always wanted one since the teenage years in the 80's .... once RV is payed off wife said I can get one be it a Esprit or Elise/Exige.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts