The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a system that pops and gurgles when lifting off the throttle, and the slight snort when upshifting.... similar to those I've heard in the F-type... it was absolutely intoxicating when I test drove the jag and had almost pushed me over to getting one. I know jag spent massive amount of time tuning their ftype exhaust sound so I don't expect any system we have to be exact, but do we have any system that is pretty close to that? I think Plack comes to mind, but wondering if there were other options too.

video for ref:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgjSCgUjyg?t=10s

Also would love to hear/sit-in for a short drive around the block in either a larini or plack just to get a feel whether it's livable for a daily 80miles commute. Anyone in and around Orange County, Socal willing to meet up? I work in Culver City, but I live in Orange. I can come to you, or we can meet somewhere and I'll buy you a cup of starbucks for the trouble.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have Larini SE exhaust and you're welcome for a ride. I'm Long Beach but won't be available until Sunday if you're still interested. Here's a couple of extended cell phone videos:

Downtown LA Drive - @5:43 - 2nd St. Tunnel:

Sector111 Temecula Hills Drive

·
Registered
85 Posts
Are you interested in the Evora or Elige? I have the Larini exhaust for my 2013 Evora S IPS. Cars and Coffee in Irvine if you are interested?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@good2go, thanks for the offer. I'm going to meet up with mike seeing as it's a good opportunity to come out to cnc as well, and irvine is a tad closer to me.

Are you interested in the Evora or Elige? I have the Larini exhaust for my 2013 Evora S IPS. Cars and Coffee in Irvine if you are interested?

This might be a great excuse to show up to C&C finally after 23 years living in SoCal. Forgot to mention that I have a base 13 IPS.
When is the next C&C that you can come out to? Would be awesome to meet a fellow LT member d hear the larini in person.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
No problem, didn't realize you have an Evora, nice. I'll be doing a Lotus roadtrip to Sacramento in next few days. So, I'll be at Irvine CnC in 2 weeks or so. Larini sounds awesomen, eveb better, on the Evora V6.

·
Registered
85 Posts
PM sent. I can meet you at Cars & Coffee/Irvine on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Was that you at Diamond Jamboree on Sunday evening? I saw a white evora making the u-turn to come in. I was in the gray evora leaving.

Does the larini have the valves in the exhaust? Do they behave the same way? (The valves in the stock exhaust open when you're at idle, then close when you roll away... only to open back up at ~2.5K RPMs)

·
Registered
85 Posts
No, that was not me. I drove the car to Laguna Beach Sunday morning and back. My car had a Blackjack on the roof until I came back from the Sunday drive. (Time for a change!)

The Larini exhaust is valved and I assume it works just like factory, as it is connected to the same vacuum line.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in San Diego and installed the Plack exhaust a couple months ago. Besides getting me pulled over multiple times for being too awesome (and perhaps a bit of speeding) I can say it's the best decision I've made besides buying the car in the first place. If you make it down here I'd be happy to give you a ride.

I've heard that the Larini is a little more genteel of an exhaust. The Plack is downright nasty which is exactly what I want to hear when I drove this car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Plack, there is no substitute. Sounds like a proper race car.

·
Lotus Noobie
107 Posts
Was that you at Diamond Jamboree on Sunday evening? I saw a white evora making the u-turn to come in. I was in the gray evora leaving.

Does the larini have the valves in the exhaust? Do they behave the same way? (The valves in the stock exhaust open when you're at idle, then close when you roll away... only to open back up at ~2.5K RPMs)
Hey that was me in the white Evora with my wife and kiddo in the rear lol... I saw you but didn't get a chance to wave "sorry" :facepalm!! I have a flowmaster exhaust on mine :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Cool! I thought about waiting at the stop sign 'till you made it over, but there were cars behind me.

I figured you had something after market. Your exhaust was quite audible :)

·
Lotus Noobie
107 Posts
Cool! I thought about waiting at the stop sign 'till you made it over, but there were cars behind me.

I figured you had something after market. Your exhaust was quite audible :)
I went to Yigah and then to Byul for coffee afterwards. If you ever want to meet up pm me! I've only seen one other Evora since I moved down to SoCal and that was F1.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any upcoming lotus OC meet up/cruise coming up? I'm itching to meet other socal members now that i'm a month and a half in as an official lotus member. I'll be at CnC irvine to meet with mike tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in San Diego and installed the Plack exhaust a couple months ago. Besides getting me pulled over multiple times for being too awesome (and perhaps a bit of speeding) I can say it's the best decision I've made besides buying the car in the first place. If you make it down here I'd be happy to give you a ride.

I've heard that the Larini is a little more genteel of an exhaust. The Plack is downright nasty which is exactly what I want to hear when I drove this car.
Yeah I'm a bit more curious about the larini. As for plack, I actually share the same parking lot with Squidward at work coincidentally, I will reach out to him to see if he can drive me around the block one of these days during lunch to hear the plack. From the sample vid I've heard on placks website, there are gurgles and pops on letting off the accelerators. What about upshiftings, are there any snorting/pfff-sound?

btw, is the place valved as well (ie non-sport quiet down the exhaust, sport open all the time)? My main concern with plack is dd-livability as i commute 40miles to work each way everyday.

·
Lotus Noobie
107 Posts
any upcoming lotus OC meet up/cruise coming up? I'm itching to meet other socal members now that i'm a month and a half in as an official lotus member. I'll be at CnC irvine to meet with mike tomorrow morning.
I'll be at CNC mañana. Can't stay long but it'll be good to see a few other evoras out there.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Yeah I'm a bit more curious about the larini. As for plack, I actually share the same parking lot with Squidward at work coincidentally, I will reach out to him to see if he can drive me around the block one of these days during lunch to hear the plack. From the sample vid I've heard on placks website, there are gurgles and pops on letting off the accelerators. What about upshiftings, are there any snorting/pfff-sound?

btw, is the place valved as well (ie non-sport quiet down the exhaust, sport open all the time)? My main concern with plack is dd-livability as i commute 40miles to work each way everyday.
Gurgles & pops are present on deceleration while in gear, but not acceleration or neutral. The plack is not valved, but there is a difference in exhaust note between Sport & non sport mode. Sounds more aggressive & louder in Sport mode. DD livability is personal preference really.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts