The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
You might want to make sure the person has contacted their dealer and the dealer will allow them to sell you their spot. It could be a hairy situation.

Alternatively, they could just buy the car and immediately sell it to you, if the dealer refuses to allow spot swaping.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'd be very interested to hear a tale of someone who successfully sold or purchased a 'spot' on any wait list (Elise or otherwise), or even transferred it for free. How did it work out? Did the dealer want a cut of the 'profit'? Did you have to pay tax/title twice?

I just don't see how a sane dealer would be party to a transaction that puts cash into the seller's hands. Why would they? If nothing else, they could refund the deposit and advance the list, gaining goodwill and losing nothing.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm in the process of acquiring a spot and currently sourcing through several individuals. I have a charity event on September 18th that I would like to have the car for, which limits me to looking at very early cars. If there is someone else out there who hasn't seen my plea yet, please PM me and we can discuss details. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I have a couple of very solid prospects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts