The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know this is a strange first post, but here goes :eek:

I've been wanting to try to fit an Elise seat in my newly purchased (but 3rd) Miata. I've only ridden in an Elise once a couple years ago and remember thinking (once I got in) that it was one of the best stock seats I'd ever sat in! Before I start seriously searching to purchase one, I'd like to have another sit-down.

Even if I'm only riding in the passenger's seat, would it be possible to "have a seat" in someone's car? I'm in the Cincinnati area, for reference.

Thank you for your time :shift:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry not in your area or have an Elise yet but I am sure someone will offer locally.

Too bad you are not in San Jose or there was the perfect person for you.

Free Ride offer rotfl

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
contact "Bgwillyelise", I'm sure he will help you out and he is in Cincinnati...I'm in Cleveland if you cant get anyone closer though...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
here i am.:p Car is currently in at the dealership getting work done. I should get it back early next week.

Which part of cincy are you from. ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which part of cincy are you from. ?
I'm up in Sharonville, just off Fields Ertel near Reed Hartman.

EDIT: Just to be a wag...I'm actually from Northeastern Ohio. I've just been here for the last 9 years (with 3 years of that in the Commonwealth of KY) because I went to UC and just never left town rotfl

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'm up in Sharonville, just off Fields Ertel near Reed Hartman.

EDIT: Just to be a wag...I'm actually from Northeastern Ohio. I've just been here for the last 9 years (with 3 years of that in the Commonwealth of KY) because I went to UC and just never left town rotfl
Well wehn i get the car back, you are more than welcome to come down one afternoon and help install the new Arqray exhaust and Von hep eliminator. :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well wehn i get the car back, you are more than welcome to come down one afternoon and help install the new Arqray exhaust and Von hep eliminator. :p
If you really need help, I definitely don't mind trading some seat time for tool monkey duty. I've become quite good at it:wave:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Try to at least sit for a bit in the drivers seat. I'm pretty sure that the passenger seat is a bit smaller than the driver's seat.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Try to at least sit for a bit in the drivers seat. I'm pretty sure that the passenger seat is a bit smaller than the driver's seat.
easier to get into the passenger seat than the drivers seat, because of the steering wheel. But i do believe the seats are the same size as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
easier to get into the passenger seat than the drivers seat, because of the steering wheel. But i do believe the seats are the same size as well.
I don't mind. You should have seen how hard it was to get into my old Miata which had a carbon fibre race seat. You'd think I did weekends at the circus!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
If you like the Elise seat, you will love the Exige seats. I would go that way. But if you really want a seat for your Miata, then I would go with a real Miata race seat (assuming you are doing any kind of tracking at all).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you like the Elise seat, you will love the Exige seats. I would go that way. But if you really want a seat for your Miata, then I would go with a real Miata race seat (assuming you are doing any kind of tracking at all).
Basically, I wanted a stockish seat with better side bolstering that would allow me to sit lower and use the stock 3pt belts. With my old race seat, I would not dare to run anything other than the 5pt harnesses I had installed (something I am not doing on this car). The Elise seat seems like a nice way to accomplish all of my goals--I hope:)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ohhh i thought you were looking to buy a Lotus.

Your just looking to buy a seat.

Hrmmm.

This may change my mind. ;);)

Going to pick the car up tomorrow am. Hopefully my exhaust is waiting on me when i return. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hrmmm.

I hope not!

Honestly...if I could afford the insurance and car payments on an Elise, I'd take one in a heartbeat. The Miata is, for now, a much more affordable way to get my jollies. Trust me, though...I definitely dig the Elise!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Easier getting out of the drivers seat because of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

Hrmmm.

Going to pick the car up tomorrow am. Hopefully my exhaust is waiting on me when i return. :)
One part at a time, by 2053 he should have the whole car

1 - 20 of 26 Posts