The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Elise has stock ECU. I'd love to trade it with someone that has a 2005 compatible sport ECU (with 5700cam changeover). No disrespect intended but I'd need to get the sport ECU shipped and installed before I'd ship my stock ECU as I have a track day on 6/15 and need to be sure things work properly first. I know its a plug and play deal so it would probably be shipped same day I got yours. PM if interested or going the SC route and need stock ECU back

·
Registered
907 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Not gonna happen. Your fairly unknown and your asking for something that has a higher value than what your offering. On top of that someone has to send you their better product first and wait on yours. Not going to happen.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Well, it COULD happen. No harm in asking. It's my opinion that pigs would be flying first, but it COULD happen.

xtn

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Well, it COULD happen. No harm in asking. It's my opinion that pigs would be flying first, but it COULD happen.

xtn
I think the Shrek talking donkey fly would be a better analogy.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I'd like to trade mine for a DBW Sport ECU ('06-07), I'm fairly known and willing to ship mine out to someone else fairly known first :).

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Now that I think about it I want an ecu with the lower cam switchover. I have the 07 NA Elise. Ill even ship first as well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have decided that I would like the sport ECU as well. I will also ship mine first and also throw in $5 for your troubles.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Funny how I'm not well known here. Been here since 2005. Still have my 2005. have purchased several products from folks here. All sales were handled professionally. I see several of you folks at track days at LRP and Watkins Glen. Mark Starr would vouch for me I'm sure. Guess its cuz I'm not from California?? -poke-
My car is a driver and track car, its not a pretty boy ride and I was looking for someone with integrity to make a trade. Tough crowd

BTW, its tawhateva. Post your own thread. My need is track specific meaning not wanting to redline while unweighting on the uphill at LRP in 3rd v v coming on cam just over the uphill in 4rth. If you care to run some hot laps, I'd welcome it!

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not that much, but just waiting for someone to negotiate with me. Wasn't to fond of the unnecessary sarcasm on a serious post. I have seen many trades occur (did a search) for a couple hundred bucks as its one of those we have what the other guy wants deals which has value for both parties. Maybe someone has a totalled car and is parting it out etc

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Funny how I'm not well known here. Been here since 2005. Still have my 2005. have purchased several products from folks here. All sales were handled professionally. I see several of you folks at track days at LRP and Watkins Glen. Mark Starr would vouch for me I'm sure. Guess its cuz I'm not from California?? -poke-
My car is a driver and track car, its not a pretty boy ride and I was looking for someone with integrity to make a trade. Tough crowd

BTW, its tawhateva. Post your own thread. My need is track specific meaning not wanting to redline while unweighting on the uphill at LRP in 3rd v v coming on cam just over the uphill in 4rth. If you care to run some hot laps, I'd welcome it!
Part of the problem is that your asking someone to just give you something for absolutely nothing in return. Thats like asking someone to just give me their Exige S and Ill give them my Elise. And then the slap in the face is that they have to wait until you have their product installed before they get their even shipped. That is crap because if you need to have this installed for you to run your track outing then it makes ABSOLUTELY no difference at all whether you have your stock ECU in or not. So why do they have to wait? Im just saying.....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Part of the problem is that your asking someone to just give you something for absolutely nothing in return. Thats like asking someone to just give me their Exige S and Ill give them my Elise. And then the slap in the face is that they have to wait until you have their product installed before they get their even shipped. That is crap because if you need to have this installed for you to run your track outing then it makes ABSOLUTELY no difference at all whether you have your stock ECU in or not. So why do they have to wait? Im just saying.....
Hmm... downgrade trades seldom work (for me anyhow) but my thought is that the OP didn’t say it was a straight trade. It may be that someone that just buys a car that has this mod might consider "cashing out" and trading down for his ECU and some agreed upon cash.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
When I bought my Lotus Sport ECU a year or so ago I paid for a used one $750 plus I had to send my stock ECU, and thought I made a good deal. I remember for a new one it was $1050 plus your stock ECU. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
IMO.. and of course I could be wrong.. this is just how I took the original post.... but it appeared like it was a straight up trade... anyway, Ill stay out of this.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
BRGElise, did I see your car topless parked @ Limerock on Monday :)? If so, my wife wants me to trade you my silver car for your BRG ;)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I love threads like this.

The OP's intent was fair, but poorly worded, and perhaps not well thought out, so everyone jumps on him. If he had merely added "for a price" or "+$500" or something to it, no one would have even thought twice. Instead it turns into mockery thread. =/

To the OP: you're probably better off getting a tune from charliex, it'll be cheaper, but if you really want the Lotus ECU & tune, you might be better off getting a charliex tune on your old ECU and then offering that as a trade for the lotus sport ecu. Might find some people more amenable.

Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
MJF, thanx for the positive input. Hadn't considered that option. Any idea of cost and how to contact CharlieX? If I eventually went the SC route, I could just get the CharlieX SC tune, right?

Amazing how people can't read nowadays. I never mentioned a flat $ trade. As a matter of fact I never mentioned price. Figure that would be something I'd negotiate via PM stuff. Wording was dead on. Also, notice I said mine would probably be in the mail same day. How much quicker you lookin for. My car is a DD in summer, I figure there are quite a few folks out there that just use car as a weekend toy or have it on a lift workin on it so a few days turnaround would be no biggie.

dma550: Yes I was in the outfield parking lot. Just had to HEAR those Formula 1 cars esp the Lotus. It was a combination of James Bond (I admit it) and Mario Andretti's Lotus Type 79 that hooked me early in my driving career!! BTW, who installed your BWR SC? Jannetty Racing in WTBY (Ted) is a big time Toyota motor guru so I was going to work there as he has done work for my Cobra and STi there that was top shelf! Thank your wife for the compliment but LRG has always been my dream color esp with the red leather. You going to be at LRP on 6/15?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts