The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want Your Parts Painted - Call Chuck Risen

Most of you know who Chuck Risen is and what he can do, but there are a lot of new members who may not know. I know there is a thread like this in the parts for sale section, but I thought it needed to be mentioned in the general discussion thread. For the record, I have no association with Chuck other than he just did some work for me.

Chuck is a paint guru. He is very detailed oriented and very easy to work with. I just had some of my interior and engine parts painted by Chuck and he does awesome work. All of the parts are flawless and it's clear he spent a lot of time painting them. I had a hard time taking pictures of the parts because the surfaces are so smooth and shiny. Anything that looks like a flaw is just a reflection.

So, if you want your parts painted - call Chuck Risen.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His user name is: chuck risen - you can PM him or PM me and I can give you his contact information.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Did Chuck paint or anodize your shift knob and ebrake handle?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chuck removed the OEM anodize from the shifter knob and hand brake handle before he painted them. He told me the paint doesn't adhere well to anodize. He did the same thing with the oil cap.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
looks pretty damn good.

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
beautiful paint job! i had my sub and scoops from chuck as well! great stuff. really tempted to get the AC vent trims!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Chicago 'burbs. He did my CO engine covers and a helmet in 2008, I think. Flawless work.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah, Chuck's work is always top notch. He is also now doing a grill conversion for the front of the Elise (should get my set in a week or so) that looks much better than others out there. I have had his stereo setup for over a year now and still love every minute of listenting to it with the top off at highway speeds. He recently updates his site. You can find it with a google search.

Corvus

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I know Chuck. I have installed some of his perfctly painted parts and being local to me, I have seen a ton of his work. you will not find better.

he even painted some things for a toy motorcycle I got for my son. Quoted me a price, then was unhappy with the bits I gave him so he fixed them to his standards (which are VERY high) and still charged me thee same. OCD??? Yes, but not in a bad way!!

Thanks,
T.J.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Another +1 for Chuck; he did my car as well (many of you in the IL/WI area have seen my car), and his work was meticulous, flawless and beautiful. Almost four years since he did it, and it still brings a smile to my face every time I get in.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I finally got around to installing my new cam cover, oil cap and freshly painted engine covers. Now I have to install the Larini exhaust and finish the interior...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts