The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I'm looking for a 1967Sunbeam Tiger Mkll that has been restored. If anyone has heard of one for sale, I would appreciate you letting me know.

Thank you

Paul

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
would you believe they'll be had to find after Get Smart comes out in June ?

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Call Eric at Auto Europe 248-645 6300

He had one there last time I was there...about 4 weeks ago.

Auto Europe is in Birmingham MI. Tell him Tony V sent you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tony for the heads up. I went on their web site and the tiger must of been sold as it wasn't listed. thanks anyways. I appreciate you letting me know.

Paul

·
Registered
326 Posts
They only made 534 MkIIs. Good luck finding one, and expect to pay over 60K for a good one. Make sure the car you select has been TAC'd and verified as a true MKII and make sure its a Tiger. There are many fakes out there.

1 man can answer all your questions about Tigers, his website is linked below.

http://www.rootes1.com/index.asp

I restored a Mark 1a, see attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Hayseed. I have already talked to Norman about verifying Tigers. I believe I have all the info I need. Hopefully I won't get scammed.

PS, Nice Tiger you have there!

Paul

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks,

If you find a basket MkI or Mk Ia in your search, let me know. I'm looking for a vintage race Tiger project.

Mike

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks,

If you find a basket MkI or Mk Ia in your search, let me know. I'm looking for a vintage race Tiger project.

Mike
Look at craigslist. I think it was Sacremento area. Guy selling 2 basket cases
for $8K.

BTW I'm looking for a good quality (orig or old restore) rust free driver.

Steve

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
PM me - i just realized i work with Jeff Kane (north west) - one of the biggies in the tiger community.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Steve

Those two tigers are Mkl's I'm looking for an Mkll that has already been restored.
Thanks for the tip though, I never thought about looking on Craigslist

Paul

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Here is another MkI (fully restored) for sale.

1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK-1 - Has TAC certificate of authenticity

I know you are looking for MkII's but I thought I'd throw this one out there. You may try the website called crazedlist.org (you have to use the Firefox web browser). Its a very easy way to search craigslists all over the US for items (you can't do entire US at once, just region by region however). Good luck, the Tigers are awesome looking cars.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks Steve

Those two tigers are Mkl's I'm looking for an Mkll that has already been restored.
Thanks for the tip though, I never thought about looking on Craigslist

Paul
I was responding to Hayseed who said he wanted a basket case to build a racer.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Mr. Know
I didn't know about crazedlist.org. Sure makes things a lot easier. My hunt for a Mkll continues.

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have what you are looking for

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a 1967Sunbeam Tiger Mkll that has been restored. If anyone has heard of one for sale, I would appreciate you letting me know.

Thank you

Paul
I have the car you are looking for. Located in san deigo, ca

its a 1967 tiger mark 2- it has been fully restored and had only 1700 miles on the car since the restoration. it has a 500 hp 289 in it. 3 boxes full of original parts and 3 binders full of recipts and documentaion.

if you are interested please email me at [email protected]
with sunbeam tiger in the subject line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sunbeam Tiger Wanted

Hello everyone

Thank you

Paul
I have a restored 66 MK1A Tiger for sale. It is a legitimate Tiger with a 302 and an Edelbrock package that is over 300hp. There is 11,000 miles on the rebuilt engine. If you are interested contact Doug at 905-837-2597 or e-mail [email protected] for pictures and details. Due to a computer glitch, you have to type my address with each communication. Pressing reply won't work

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sunbeam Tiger Wanted

Thanks,

Mike
I have a very nice MK1A Tiger for sale. This is a legitimate Tiger. Call Doug at 905-837-2597 or e-mail [email protected] for pictures and details You must type my e-mail address each time, as 'REPLY" WON'T WORK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts