The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am interested in the elusive blue Exige, only blue for now - Laser preferred. Newer better, but blue is key.
I will respond to every real lead.

Thank you,
Matthew

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Hi Matthew... any 2012+ Exige in the US will be TRACK ONLY! and VERY limited supply of them. You would have better luck with trying to find an '08-'11, but I don't think any '11s were blue...

And which blue? Midnight Blue? Persian Blue? Laser Blue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a bad blue? :) Ok I'm not super fond of the midnight & yes laser was the best IMO.
I'm also ok track only, this isn't a DD buy.

·
Scott M
293 Posts
Just in case there was any uncertainty about the earlier Track Only point... As in they are NOT eligible for legal registration and street use. Daily driver or not, there would be significant risks (mostly legal and financial) for '12+ model year vehicles or similar off-road only variants.

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
You might want to contact Lotus and see if they sent any v6 exiges here in blue. I've never seen one FS in the US in blue, and they are already very few. I'd say you'd be better off buying whatever shows and wrapping it in blue, there was a yellow one that was on BAT and didn't make reserve a week or so ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've not seen any blue '12, it may not exist. In general I did figure that I may end up wrapping, regardless of year, because I've literally seen one blue in 6+mos.. I think I'll just change the ad to remove the confusing year limit.

·
Scott M
293 Posts
I think I only have seen 2 blue street legal Exiges for sale here or the usual online places in ~5 years of dreaming.
Only recall one at Gator many years ago for certain.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have only seen 1 blue Exige, it was an S240 in Persian Blue. A stunning shade of blue on that car imo. If I recall, Jalopnik did a review many years ago of a Persian Blue Exige S240, great writeup.

·
Scott M
293 Posts
Probably the same one I saw, that S240 made me think my Esprit purchase was a mistake.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Knew a guy with a Persian Blue S240. This at The Original British Car Day in Maryland a few years back. The most interesting car in this pic is the Essex Esprit in the background. Probably the only one on the streets in the US.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2008 Exige S240 in Persian Blue. I have seen four in the US pop up at one point or another. The color is beautiful and looks purple in some light settings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it is just ..indescribably mouth wateringly drool inducing. Thank you for the share!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts