The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Skid Marks Racing (SMR) is looking for two or three co-drivers for the September LeMons race at CMP in Camden, SC. My buddy and I have a 1995 Neon Sport coupe that was recently proven "track worthy" at last Saturday's HPDE at Putnam Park.

You'd be responsible for your entry fee, your share of consumables (tires, oil, gas, brakes, etc.), travel and accomodations. Entry and consumables shouldn't exceed $500. You can wrench as much or as little as you like (I'm located on the southside of Indianapolis). If you're interested, you can "buy-in" on the car and benefit on any future sale of the car. We need to add the cage and harnesses, but other than that, we are ready to go. We've got radios, towing equipment, garage space at CMP, etc. We are going to do it right.

Check out the LeMons website The 24 Hours of LeMons for more info on the event.

If interested, drop me an e-mail at [email protected].

Later days.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Are you looking to have fun or to win?

If you are looking to win (and are really serious about it), I might try to take the weekend off and come out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We wouldn't be dragging a 1995 Neon 650 miles "to have fun". We could have fun an hour away at Putnam!!! But, no one is going to get beat if they screw up and cost us some penalty laps (they give 'em out pretty liberally at the event).

If we don't have fun, we'll have failed. You do have the kind of driving experience we're looking forward to having on the team.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've been wanting so badly to build a LeMons team... but cash just hasn't been flowing that direction ;) For myself and friends purely as fun though! I'm sure you'll find some drivers on here willing though to get into that mind set!

I just think LeMons is more about blowup dolls and huge funny spoilers than it is to be really into taking the trophy! Thats what I love about it! :D

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
email with various questions sent.

Jay knows me and our team pretty well (we saved his bacon by giving him a car to crush when the People's Choice ran like a little sh*t at the last LeMons race).

I didn't get any penalty laps during our last LeMons race.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I'm interested in participating if Rich is. He and I have similar experience and have both driven LeMons multiple times. He's a tick faster than me though.

Rich please forward your questions/answers to me once you get them back so I can see more details. You know TDE is at Cresson that weekend too.... Something to think about.

xtn

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Ryan,

Any updates? Never heard back from you...

Just spent the weekend working on one of our two cars that we are getting ready for Houston. We are doing a 'fun' car and a slightly more serious car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick update: we put a team together with local guys from Indy (or thereabouts). Any one else heading to CMP in September?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Thanks for the update!

Good luck, I hope you guys do great. We won't be making it up that far although the team did do a race out in California (before I was on the team).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts