The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted Elise under $30K- Found one

Looking for Lotus Elise under $30K. Prefer less than 30,000 miles. I am located in Michigan

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
You might have to settle for a Salvage title Elise if you are looking to spend less then 30k. Or you will get a lemon like one of the members was selling... What was his name? Mike?

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hello,

I just saw this listing at a local porsche/ferrari dealer in NC.

2005 Elise $28,900

No pics or detailed info... :( but I know at least one ET member that purchased his car there and haven't heard anything too negative.

Might be worth a call.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you dont mind a salvage title one, I have a former members 2005 Krypton Green Elise which they wrecked - almost entirely cosmetic damage to the clams, start and drive when we got it - only had a bent rim and bent toe link that was replaced with lotus oem parts besides the clam damage - im just waiting to find a rear clam- heres a link to the crash thread of the car http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/elise-wreck-53824/ - im in ohio if thats close enough, it will definately be cheaper than 30k. thanks

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Make me a serious offer and I'll consider.

BRG 2005 LSS Luxury package

Custom Teeth!

Extra set of tires, no extra wheels.

Hardtop, soft top, hard top carry case

Has been bumped in the rear, so the starshield is a little messed up. Could easily get it re-sprayed and it would be good as new. The little bumperlettes - for lack of a better term - in the front a scrapped up from achoring the car on those concrete bumpers in parking lots.

25k miles, no issues - only using it for track days now. If you make a serious offer, i'll departe with it for a bargin price. Its not a salvage car or anything. Daily driver for a year, got a corvette so now this is just an extra toy.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
but you cant race the vette in the LCS:no:

Make me a serious offer and I'll consider.

BRG 2005 LSS Luxury package

Custom Teeth!

Extra set of tires, no extra wheels.

Hardtop, soft top, hard top carry case

Has been bumped in the rear, so the starshield is a little messed up. Could easily get it re-sprayed and it would be good as new. The little bumperlettes - for lack of a better term - in the front a scrapped up from achoring the car on those concrete bumpers in parking lots.

25k miles, no issues - only using it for track days now. If you make a serious offer, i'll departe with it for a bargin price. Its not a salvage car or anything. Daily driver for a year, got a corvette so now this is just an extra toy.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The LCS is the only reason Im keeping her around. Its a blast, but I could just rent cars for the event!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Was Manhein Auction yesterday. There were 2 Elises. Both 05 with around 15k miles. Yellow sold for 28.5 and the red one went for over 30. So i doubt you can get anything nice from general public. But good luck anyway.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
wow, how come the price difference is so much, yellow 15.5 vs red 30? damaged vs clean?
I think it may be a typo and he meant 35.5 since his comment was that you were unlikely to get anything nice for under 30 k...especially since we all know yellow is the fastest color....

·
Registered
624 Posts
I think it may be a typo and he meant 35.5 since his comment was that you were unlikely to get anything nice for under 30 k...especially since we all know yellow is the fastest color....
ivan you mispelled red and for some reason it came out saying yellow was the fastest color when we all know its red :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts