The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone advise me of the factory torque specs for the front and rear engine mount bolts? Much appreciated, if so.

I did various LT searches and came up empty.

Also, I reviewed the Lotus download manual and found no obvious mention of the engine mount torque specs...including in the manual section that discusses engine removal and reinstallation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
...I did various LT searches and came up empty.

Also, I reviewed the Lotus download manual and found no obvious mention of the engine mount torque specs...including in the manual section that discusses engine removal and reinstallation.

Thanks.
nor seat achors, nor undertray/diffuser bolts, nor transmission mount. IIRC. TADTS

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I calculated approximately 45 ftlb to 59 ftlb for a 3/8 diameter or 10mm (approx.) bolt....depending on the bolt grade.

I checked my engine mount with my torque wrench, and it is tightened to at least 60ftlb....didn't check it at higher settings.

Anyone know the "official" / factory torque specification for the engine mounts? :confused:

Someone here on LT has got to know...no holdin' back...now! :D

Ace10 - I use 5 ftlb for the undertray /diffuser bolts (8mm) and 22 ftlb for the larger pairs of bolts (13mm).

·
Registered
980 Posts
Can someone advise me of the factory torque specs for the front and rear engine mount bolts? Much appreciated, if so.

I did various LT searches and came up empty.

Thanks.

Bump With all of the motor mount installs and engine removals someone has to know this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts