The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amongst other things, I'm punting around the idea of a project Lotus/Caterham 7. I don't have much in the way of cash, so if you want more than about $5000 US we aren't going to get anywhere fast, and even that's pushing my envelope. I know that's not a lot for these cars, but if you have an example that's rough around the edges, incomplete, or needs work that you just want gone that's what I'm looking for. I'll consider other replicas, but to be blunt most of the ones that I've seen aren't very good.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Suggest looking at forums for locost type sevens. I think the best ones use Mazda Miata running gear. They are some of the most simple and inexpensive. Lots get started, few get finished. I was in your shoes not so many years ago.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
$5K? Seems like a silly first post.

San

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,135 Posts
Most people on here will be insulted by $5k

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just thought I'd see if anything surfaced. Again, I'm quite aware that $5k isn't a lot of money for a 7, but it's what I have to work with. I could put $10k, but then I'd just have to tell anyone that responds that I can't actually pay them that much. There's a project Opel a few hours away that I would probably rather have anyway, but I figured if that fell through then something like an unfinished 7 kit that needs a drivetrain would be a decent second choice.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Mine was $4k.
But it looked like this. haha

Age old advice. It will cost you less money and less time to simply save and buy a finished one. Unless you have a ton of parts around and enjoy the project of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts