The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radium Engineering is seeking a replacement windshield for a 2006 Elise. The part is speical order from the dealership and the price is borderline unbelievable.
Send an Email to [email protected] if you have one to sell or know where we can obtain one used or new. We are located in Oregon.

We are also open to trading some product for this piece as well.

If we cannot locate an OE one at a reasonable price, then we will give the lexan one from S111 a try.
Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,421 Posts
I’m not sure what unbelievable expensive is for a windshield, but if it is that high you might see if there are any custom glass builders in the area. I know some hotrodders have to have custom windshields built as they chop or change body lines, usually straighter windshields but it might be worth looking into.

·
Vendor
359 Posts
I sent you an email.
- Dan

·
I'll do it my way
312 Posts
Tip: ~$800 from a Lotus supply house in Georgia. Any dealer will mark it up by $200, except FVMC, who are no longer in business. Shipping will be 100-200 truck freight.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Have fun with that one........I would go with Lexan.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Something fell off of a garbage truck last week and smacked my windshield.
The local dealership stated it would take a week for an original to arrive and the cost is about $1,100.
Patiently waiting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Elise Driver
784 Posts
I was thinking about switching my windshield to the Sector 111 Lexon to save weight, is it possible to remove the oem windshield without breaking it?

Matter of fact, I just bought a Radium fuel surge tank today...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I paid $800 for mine from auto Europe, granite that was more then four years ago don't know what current prices are now.

I think this is more than a fair price,windshield comes with the complete frame as well, I don't know if you've had experience replacing windshields on the car but it is basically glued on to the front – Dashboard and firewall.

I think it would be difficult to remove and install a used windshield and put it on your car without doing any damage to frame or the windshield itself.

I hope everything works out for you good luck.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last call...anyone have an OEM windshield to sell before we bite the bullet and call our dealer?
We are also open to trading parts for a windshield (heck even a new one!). Besides our normal Lotus parts offerings, we have a used (but good) 2ZZ short block, 2ZZ ported head, and lots more stuff. Our dealer wont take trades, so lets talk if you have a window!
[email protected]

·
Registered
945 Posts
My Lotus Garage

You can try to get one from Flow - even if shipping is a lot it's certainly cheaper than $1200+ from BRG.

No idea how much it would be to actually ship it, or how long it would take - sometimes their site and reality don't really match up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts