The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I love my car, but upon arrival there were no sun visors for the driver or passenger side. I was hoping someone had some they were wanting to sell or donate lol

Thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmm it seems like most people remove the rear view mirror and sun visors...which is what was done on my car. Is the visibility really THAT BAD with them on???

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
That depended on your height in the seat. Some taller people found their view, specially of stoplights, obscured a bit. Shorter people like me... I liked the vestigal visors.

I do have an extra set I think. Have to check.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That depended on your height in the seat. Some taller people found their view, specially of stoplights, obscured a bit. Shorter people like me... I liked the vestigal visors.

I do have an extra set I think. Have to check.
that would be great. Just keep me updated

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
I guarantee there are 2000 pairs of these scattered in garages across the country. If it wasn't -5 in Detroit I'd climb in the attic space above mine to locate them.

Ken, all you need instead of these in your car is a baseball cap tucked behind the seats. Works better too.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I have them. Hit me up if interested.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright guys, I'm interested but I just spoke to the previous owner of my car and he says he may have them and the micro rear view mirror laying around. If he doesn't have them I'm coming to do business

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
As everyone has said.....90+ % of everyone takes them off. I had my car for about 30 minutes before I removed them. MOST of the time you can get them for free here.....all you have to do is ask.....kind of like a stock exhaust.....Try 'em.....you'll wind up taking them off.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As everyone has said.....90+ % of everyone takes them off. I had my car for about 30 minutes before I removed them. MOST of the time you can get them for free here.....all you have to do is ask.....kind of like a stock exhaust.....Try 'em.....you'll wind up taking them off.
They're really that bad? I just hate when the sun comes up over the mountains. It blinds me! Even with glasses.

·
Registered
305 Posts
They are not that bad at all. I cannot think of a single Elise or Exige here in SA that has had the visors removed. In fact I think I have even used mine twice...

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
As I said, I liked having mine on the car. I took a set off the first Elise since it was a competition only car. I also modified one set to insert a Valentine 1 remote into the visor for a nice semi-hidden radar detector install.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
they are selling for $75/pair over in parts for sale. Going like hotcakes....:)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
They literally just slide on

On a sep note, I hate seeing the exposed metal visor stub. Not sure which one,but found some roller ball pens. Unscrewed the pen part and it fits perfectly over the stub. Hit it with some black krypton fusion spray paint and slide it on. Looks factory and finished. Free

1 - 20 of 22 Posts