The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I know this is a long shot but I was hoping that someone was parting out or upgrading their stereo systems.

I'm wanting a sub box that doesn't take up much room and of course an amp to go with, but for now the box is the priority. I know that they are for sale from the distributors but if any forum members are trying to sell, and at a good price, I'm ready to buy!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a one-off stuffed wood/fiberglass box that was in my car when it was sold to me.

Nice clean bass, sounded great IMO but a sound system in the Lotus isn't for me. 12" Pioneer Premier shallow mount sub (ts-sw1241d).

Not particularly light and takes about 1" of slide-back off of your driver's side seat (I believe the CF behind the head systems do this as well).

Was mounted to the rear bulkhead panel with a screw and plate system but could maybe be mounted with something less permanent like lots of mounting tape and/or Velcro. Form-fits the storage cubby and sits fairly tight behind the passenger's seat.

Pics: Elise Sub Box - Imgur

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in talks with Bri3d if it'll work with a harness bar.

Jim-c how much are you asking, is it just the sub/box or an amp as well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Depends on what you want to spend and how you want to deploy.

For sound, nothing better than JL Stealthbox, but they are expensive and take up space in the footwell.

For the money, Chuck Risen's painted behind the seat box is fantastic, but you'd have to wait for it a bit.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Depends on what you want to spend and how you want to deploy.

For sound, nothing better than JL Stealthbox, but they are expensive and take up space in the footwell.

For the money, Chuck Risen's painted behind the seat box is fantastic, but you'd have to wait for it a bit.

+1 For the Chuck Risen box, best looking too

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
still here guys

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a question, will any of the behind the seat sub boxes work since I have the Sector 111 harness bar?

Do I have to go with a stealth box?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump

still looking for sound system supplies.

-Ken

·
Registered
676 Posts
Has anyone done the Stealthbox in the footwell AND the Chuck Risen behind the seat enclosure together?
I have the stealthbox and it is way good enough and does not need another sub. Not sure about the other way around.

btw, the stealthbox takes up toe room, not foot room. It starts at the same point where the OEM aluminum foot rest does. It just doesn't allow you to point your toes forward and you either have to put your feet flat on the floor or flat on the subwoofer which gives you an awkward feeling. I wonder if a little foot rest in front of the stealthbox would make all the difference...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts