The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called in for a jeep wrangler and went in to test drive a new 4x4. Dean showed me the jeep that i wanted. Filled out paper work and got our credit score back...Mark Windslow gave us the news. We are looking at 13% interest rate. That's fine. That was 2 weekends ago. This past weekend, I called and spoke to Mark Windslow and he promised me the world, he said " we will make the deal happen, I have to move the 08's to make room for the 09's. I will not lose another sale. I wanna earn your business!" I told him not to fool around, I want the car, I want this down payment, i want this monthly payment..."Just come on in and we will make it work!" Once again i mentioned to him not to waste my time for he is a long ways from where I was gonna be coming from. He said "No problem just come in and I will not lose another sale!" I made an appointment to come in the following day which was sunday afternoon. I called him sunday noonish just to make sure he was in the store. I spoke to him personally. I told him to expect us to be there around 3 pm. And once again I told him not to waste my time just tell me if the deal will happen or not..."We will work on it to make it happen!"
We got there! Filled out new paper work for they claimed to have lost the application we had a week ago. Mark walks in and gave us the bad news...it was $200 more than what we talked about. Now the week before this past weekend he said we would be on the high $400's for 72 mos.
thats fine with me. But yesterday he said we would be on mid 600's after all the dealing and wheelin... SO MY QUESTION IS...ARE THERE ANY LAWS IN CALIFORNIA THAT WAS VIOLATED? I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE (CAR SALES) PPL ARE ANIMALS BUT STOOPING SO LOW JUST TO GET US IN THE STORE AND TOTAL MISLEAD US? :mad:

So i called Jeep corp. to file a complaint. I emailed BBB filed a complaint. Left a message to Chris Shaver to complain about Mark Windslow.( havent heard from yet.) Mark Windslow would probably sell his soul to the devil just to get anyone in his sad, pathetic Jeep/chrysler store.
Ironacally, Silverstar Lotus is across the street from them...hehehe.:mad:

Thanks for listening...any more ideas on how to deal with the situation?:evil::mad::popcorn:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
And yet... no Lotus content

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy, this doesn't qualify as Lotus content? :rolleyes:
there's your lotus content...just wanted piss out my frustration my friends:mad:

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
wow...from 4 something a month to 6 something a month?
thats not even close.
you should be able to do the math and know abt what youre gonna pay even b4 walking in the door though.
"x" amt down on a purchase price of "y" financed over 72 months=z.
add a few bucks for financing.
13% sounds awfully high btw....really bad credit?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
With the "deal" and no down payment you are paying over $35K for a jeep. (and you said there was a down payment) and with the new deal you are paying 12K more in interest (with a down payment and everything else probably close to $50K for a jeep) for a vehicle that will be worth $6K when its done being paid for. That's being generous. There is a 2001 by me for sale for $4,500.

Why not take the down payment money, pay cash for a used jeep (they all look the same) until you credit is in better condition, and in the mean time be putting that $490 per month aside (the first "deal" that was agreeable to you) Just keep paying cash for them until you can pay cash for a new one, or a slightly less used one anyway? There is a ton of after market support for them and easy to maintain and fix. Having a warranty will never make up the cost of depreciation or interest you'll be paying at those rates.

Keith

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks All!!! Just wanted to be heard. We did go over the numbers over the phone and he said "no problem we will make it happen.":wallbang: I am not recommending any of my friends, co-workers, family members to deal with these low lifes. They are the scum of the scums. They will take your daughters and sell them as whores. Ok maybe not all of them just Mark Winslow. He would sell his mother's both kidneys, ureter, bladder and sell her kidney stones separately in Ebay.:evil:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks All!!! Just wanted to be heard. We did go over the numbers over the phone and he said "no problem we will make it happen.":wallbang: I am not recommending any of my friends, co-workers, family members to deal with these low lifes. They are the scum of the scums. They will take your daughters and sell them as whores. Ok maybe not all of them just Mark Winslow. He would sell his mother's both kidneys, ureter, bladder and sell her kidney stones separately in Ebay.:evil:
Wow, that's alot of anger... :popcorn: There's no reason to get a heart attack over it.

What happened? Did the bank rescind the approval? There had to be a reason given for the payment increase... What was their excuse? :confused:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
+1

There is some REALLY good advice there.

REALLY.

13% on a car is LUDICROUS!
The only thing more ludicrous than 13% on a car is 13% on a car for 72 months. RUN AWAY!!!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Car dealers will guess at interest rates to quote a payment. Based off a credit score alone, you are placed into certain tiers, these tiers usually determine what rates you qualify for. There is a big game played by quoting prices with inflated interest rates to artificially discount a car by lowering the monthly payment for you(giving you another quote with a more realistic interest rate)

Sounds like what happened to you was the opposite. He quoted you a rate based on your credit score but none of the banks would buy you at that rate, so the bank that did buy you probably put you in a different tier and stuck you with a terrible rate.

Pro tip: When financing ANYTHING goto your own damn bank FIRST!!! The bank where you keep your own money will most likely give you a much better deal, and eliminates some of the car sales games dealers play to hold gross on their deals.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I own a new Jeep Wrangler and theres no way I would pay $600+ a month unless it was with no down payment, 0% and for 36 months. Theres plenty of Jeep dealers out there, find one thats willing to work with you.

You also should have ran the other way after the first time he said "I'm not losing another sale." -poke-

·
Registered
278 Posts
WAIT.... Did the term get shorter??? Because with bad credit banks prefer a shorter term.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Fairly common operating procedure with a car dealership. Perhaps not with the dealerships that hang out around this forum, but with your average dealership it doesn't surprise me at all.

xtn

·
Registered
820 Posts
Okay, I will only say this once, don't take this the wrong way, because I don't normally post in non-lotus threads (nor do I normally read them). However;

If 13% interest is "okay" because of your credit rating,

a. You probably should be buying a perfectly nice used car
b. Sell the Lotus, it's a toy, and an expensive one at that

1 - 20 of 66 Posts