The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
868 Posts
With the way his rear tires were still kicking up dust, he powered his way off that cliff not even thinking of braking. Just another good reminder that money doesn't buy skill.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Horrible Driver - Glad they survived.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Simetimes I'm amazed that people feel the need to keep filming after an accident. Here the guy is running down the hill telling someone to call 911 and still taking the time to keep the car in the frame the entire time. Even walking up to the car asking if the people inside are OK he's still filming... God forbid the people inside actually needed help he'd have a hard time doing anything with one hand.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
OK, I'll go to hell.

Why keep filming? Internet longa, Vita brevis.

Violent? All four wheels are still attached, let alone the engine. Somewhere in the Hills "Dietrich" is snickering.

Just to avoid flaming self-righteousness - -poke-

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
That guy must have gotten the stoppe pedal and gooeee pedal mixed up.
One less dumbass off the road.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Did he come out of the corner, get startled by the other car and over correct with slowing down?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
These videos drive me insane, why is it more important to get the video than actually help someone?

I get really concerned for humanity especially when I read the brain dead comments from morons on these videos and other online articles also.

Thankfully a lot of people here think like me so I don't feel all is lost:up:

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,609 Posts
The Dragon is the same way here in Tennessee...

I simply don't go up there on weekends. I have that luxury living here, but it's just stupid on display all day long.

Glad they were ok. I kinda don't see how that is true ?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
These videos drive me insane, why is it more important to get the video than actually help someone?

I get really concerned for humanity especially when I read the brain dead comments from morons on these videos and other online articles also.

Thankfully a lot of people here think like me so I don't feel all is lost:up:
Because people crash on Mulholland so much out of stupidity that those guys are there for the prosecution and for the insurance companies. I mean, someone needs to look out for the little guy. :)

I didn't watch the whole thing but it sounded like others where there to help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
FYI. The guy that shoots these videos and photos is at this area pretty much every weekend on Saturday and Sundays. There are almost always a lot of people hanging out around that area, so there are plenty of nearby people available to help. I'm guessing that if need be, he'd put the camera down, but I understand the point about being angry at the camera man for not putting it down. Not really defending him either way, just giving more info. on the situation in this particular example.

Secondly (and unrelated to the first point), that driver was coming from a longish, straightaway, so it is utter incompetence on his/her part. The only think I'm thinking, is that just before he spun out is an overlook, so the driver may have tried to make 'an impressive' exit from that overlook, and then got out of sorts - way out of sorts. And clearly had no clue to turn the wheels in the desired direction of travel to potentially save it.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Considering that the videographer posted this to youtube, is not statement "not for broadcast" a bit superfluous, if not disingenuous?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Considering that the videographer posted this to youtube, is not statement "not for broadcast" a bit superfluous, if not disingenuous?
I think he's reminding people that he owns the copyright, and that people or tv shows can't just use the footage without his permission.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I followed the car in question once down a part of Mulholland east of the Snake for a short while. I let him go because I wasn't willing to go triple digits down the straights.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I let him go because I wasn't willing to go triple digits down the straights.
Funny; that's exactly what his tires said.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts