The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed, recently, that the passenger side door sill on my Elise has warped at the trailing edge. The sill no longer sits flat and is contacting the bottom of the door trim panel. I'd rather not buy another panel unless absolutely necessary. Has anyone else had this happen and has anyone attempted a second screw on the interior side of the sill to secure the panel?

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I imagine the double sticky tape has let go. Cannot imagine how it was hell getting it off

There is a screw also

I switched to velcro and added lightness by deleting the screw.....

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
My car had this issue from new.
I had mentioned it during the initial service, and they installed a second screw.
I can't remember which side of the sill originally had the screw, but my car has one on each side.

Outside:
IMG_0942.JPG

Inside:
IMG_0943.JPG

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
The screw is on the outside of the sill between the sill and the door.

If you don't want to add a second screw you can remove the sill and add lots of sticky tape inside. That is the normal way it is held down. The attached picture shows what the back side of the sill looks like once removed.

You might even be able to squeeze in some glue or sticky tape on the warped side without removing the sill. It is straightforward to remove the sill but requires lots of force, so if you can avoid that you'll be happy.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts