The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the airbag warning light on my 17 Evora 400 for about 2 months now (figured I'd get it fixed when I took it in for annual service in a month or two). Yesterday the check engine light came on.

Closest dealer is 3.5 hours, but is not the dealer I purchased it from. What are the odds of Lotus towing the car to a dealer under warranty? Other car brands probably would, but it would be a much closer deal.

Thoughts/input?

TIA

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they are going to blow me off. Most dealers I've spoken with have Lotus as one of their brands behind a half dozen other higher volume brands, and the Evora is an afterthought at best. One didn't even have a Lotus certified mechanic on staff and couldn't help me even if I got the car there. The next closest one I've left 3 messages for a "Lotus advisor" and haven't gotten a callback.

I know a dealer that didn't sell me the car certainly isn't going to tow it on their dime and I wouldn't expect them to. I think it will have to be something backed by Lotus itself and their warranty program.

I don't have a ton of experience with this brand, so I thought I'd post here and see what longer term Lotus owners think.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Call the dealer and fid out. If it's under warranty Lotus should take care of the tow. Generally they can be driven with a check engine light with lower power but a tranmission light might defintitely require a tow. Call the dealer and they'll let you know - it shouldn't matter which dealer it is if it's warranty.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Also check engine lights usually pertain to emissions. If the check engine light is not flashing, it is just a warning and you can drive the car. If it is flashing, that is more serious and needs immediate attention.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good info. Thanks everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts