The Lotus Cars Community banner
141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Haha! You are validating what I just said about entitled customers. It might sound arrogant, but I do believe in firing customers. Sometimes it's just good business. Ferrari does it the opposite way, they decide and choose who can buy their top end cars. Not anyone who has the cash can go and buy those cars.
As with many things, there are nuances to this.

At a local weekly cars and coffee I met a guy there with his brand new Ferrari. He was a well known businessman who founded and grew a mid Atlantic tire store, made a ton of cash before making more selling out today NTB, then making more money staying on to be the advertising pitchman.

Could pay cash for any new Ferrari he wanted. But at the time Ferrari had a policy that you must’ve been a prior Ferrari owner to be permitted to buy new. He found a dealer in Florida who sold him a used Ferrari he had on the lot. Entire deal done at a distance. Buyer never saw the car, let alone took possession. When the ink was dry on the deal, the now Ferrari owner immediately traded it back into the dealership for a new car.

That dealer probably flipped that one used car several times a month…with it never leaving the Lot.

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Ferrari is a bit full of themselves in that regard

141 - 142 of 142 Posts