The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though the fine print of the lease deal through premier financial (through Lotus USA) was that the dealership has to buy it back when the lease is up... They aren't down with that, not that I blame them either, though I believe with the vehicle being cheap enough I might just outright finance it... they have it for $66k for sale or $72k lease

which if I do the 60 months to own it the payments would be cheaper than a 3 year lease a month, plus i would own it... decisions, decisions, decisions... divorce or Lotus... divorce or Lotus... :) If someone saves me the trouble and buys it... go ahead... It might be cheaper for me to stay married.

They are trying to move their inventory as the building is going to be ripped down. I heard they picked up Aston, Bentley, and Maserati and have to redo the building to house it along with Lotus.

March Madness Evora Sale

this vehicle has everything except the heated seats... which I could car less about.

I would think there would be more lease incentives from Lotus than the program that they offer... I could lease a Porsche for that... :wallbang:

I called a few other lease companies, no one wants to touch it at a decent price.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Just buy it, You won't find a decent lease on this car. I went down that road a year ago and realized it just makes more sense to finance it. If you have a good credit you should be able to find rates in hight 3's on a 60 month term.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying... I am trying... though the committee is giving me hell... I will get her some earrings on the way home... maybe that will help

·
Registered
489 Posts
You may want them to take pictures to see what else it may be missing. Mine had errors in the sticker and the dealer had to make up for it. Kind of strang that it is missing the heated seats only as I thought those came with the prem package.

I would offer them less than the askin price of 66k

·
Registered
156 Posts
I lease through premier, not a bad company to deal with and they will negotiate on the lease rate. If you use the car for business and buy outright after a 4 yr lease the numbers usually will work out better than financing through the tax benefit of leasing vs depreicating the car.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I lease through premier, not a bad company to deal with and they will negotiate on the lease rate. If you use the car for business and buy outright after a 4 yr lease the numbers usually will work out better than financing through the tax benefit of leasing vs depreicating the car.
This is only if you do it through a business in general.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You may want them to take pictures to see what else it may be missing. Mine had errors in the sticker and the dealer had to make up for it. Kind of strang that it is missing the heated seats only as I thought those came with the prem package.

I would offer them less than the askin price of 66k
early 2011's didn't have it, I remember reading this somewhere on here before. the other 2011 I had before this, didn't have it... but I spent a hell of alot more money than the $66k and is pretty much the same damn car... I was thinking about the 2012's but no one will deal on them, plus there is not many in the USA.

Just an update, discussed with the committee last night, and she wants a new Mercedes GL550 first... off to the MB dealer... though I doubt I would even be able to close on the vehicles before the end of the month, which is when the sale ends on the Lotus Evora's. I believe the cars are going to another Lotus dealer April 1st due to their building starting construction. I know their 2012's coming in April are presold also.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
That sticker looks exactly like mine (except I do not have the forged wheels) and I do not have seat heaters. I have an early 2011.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
That's true I'm sorry I've been leasing through my practice for so many yrs I've forgotten that leasing is only a business deduction.
There are always ways to create an LLC and lease through that and all kinds of other fun things you can do once that is setup as a personal business though :)

Nothing illegal - not even grey area - just time consuming and need a lawyer usually lol.

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
BTW 2.49% at AAA for 48-60 months!! Leasing is never to your advantage anymore IMHO

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
BTW 2.49% at AAA for 48-60 months!! Leasing is never to your advantage anymore IMHO
+1. From 1987 to 2009, I leased every car I got but one (and they're not a business deduction for me). Since 2009, I've bought 5 cars - the lease deals are so bad, it just didn't make any sense to do that anymore.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
unfortunately I am not going to be able to close on this before the months end, and I don't believe that they will have these deals... the way it looks I wont be able to do it till may... I will get the wife hers first... since my vehicle is only driven 5 miles to work, 5 miles to home... and it sits at either place.

Plus Huntington Bank said they will finance for 1.9 60 month, which is where I bank now.

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
"I say I say what are are you waiting for boy" Foghorn Leghorn

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I say I say what are are you waiting for boy Foghorn Leghorn

I love those cartoons... especially foghorn...

I will see what this month does for me. I seen that S in Austin that is on a post... has me wondering, just not a coco interior fan. Before I can be happy, I have to make sure my family is happy first.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts