The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these cars can be off, hence the need for shims, but something doesn't seem quite right. I am going to double check the camber myself with my long acre gauge but was curious if others had a similar experience.

I left the ABS shims in the front because zip-ties didn't seem ideal. I expected to see a little more camber up front and not so much imbalance. Perhaps this is because my weight was in the car?

On the rear, I have 4 shims on the driver's side and 2 on the passenger's side (this is how the car came) and yet the camber is pegged on the driver's side. Was anyone else quite this far off? I was glad I didn't pull any shims out of the rear. I am planning to re-check the corner balance at 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and near empty tanks to generate a curve and decide what is best for me. I am unsure at what level the fuel pump will starve.

Corner balance for reference:

·
Registered
282 Posts
thats seems about right. specially since you have a ballast on drivers side (Driver inside). As the suspension travel increases (or add weight to a corner), you will see more negative camber from that corner.

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
The shims can be different widths. I think it would be common to need an additional shim on the drivers side due to the weight imbalance from left to right. So on the rear 4 vs 2 might be a little weird, unless its 4x 1mm shims vs 2x 1.5mm shims

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
If you didn't change the shims before getting it measured, I would guess whoever set the car up did it without driver ballast.
Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I should have climbed out of the car to see what it read without my weight inside... that may have evened it out. Burning up some fuel should help as well.

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
93 Posts
Yeah I should have climbed out of the car to see what it read without my weight inside... that may have evened it out. Burning up some fuel should help as well.
Don’t waste your time with various fuel
Amounts.You need a full tank or you will
Run dry on long turns.It makes little difference anyway.My camber only changes
a tenth or to with me out of car I’m 187#
Your camber seems typical except 2.9 deg
Check spindle and bushings on control arms
On that corner.

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
Don’t waste your time with various fuel
Amounts.You need a full tank or you will
Run dry on long turns.It makes little difference anyway.My camber only changes
a tenth or to with me out of car I’m 187#
Your camber seems typical except 2.9 deg
Check spindle and bushings on control arms
On that corner.
I don't think this comment applies on 260s ( fuel)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
93 Posts
I don't think this comment applies on 260s ( fuel)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Do 260’s have a baffeled tank?

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
Do 260’s have a baffeled tank?
I thought i read that they revised the internal baffles for all tanks in 08, thus all cars beyond that year have this fix. Theres a thread laying around where the autox guys, who are beholden to OEM parts, have identified the later factory tanks as not suffering from the fuel starve issue.

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
93 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts