Discussion Starter #1
Some people just have no respect...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In this case, you hire someone.

Or in my case, I bring "cleaning" solutions to the track with me and go to town after each session. Or for that matter any extended outing that collects bugs and road grim.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
You are a freak. I think the car looks awesome! I don't think I have ever cleaned my track wheels and wash my race car twice a season whether it needs it or not.

All that cleaning is time you don't get back!

Dirt rules!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dirt attracts more dirt, not sponsors -- f'in ghetto drivers :D

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Perhaps that car is still in the middle of an "extended outing?" Perhaps the owner plans to detail it fully when he gets home?

xtn

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excuses, excuses ... :)

Looks like it just came back from a Top Gear shoot.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I mean look at this guy... (haha) :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
OK what do others do when on extended trips in a Lotus?

I've done several trips that lasted longer than a week. The car gets grungy but I don't want to subject it to an automated car wash or the nasty brush in a DIY car wash. I usually use the wand from a DIY car wash and carry something synthetic to wash and dry the car.

Maybe we need a poll.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just bring along a water spray bottle, some towels, Meguiars glass cleaner, and Mequiar's speed detailer or this stuff

I mean ya don't wanna be caught in a pic like that above :eek:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...a quick handwash every month or so is all mehve gets between annual detailing...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I wish my wife was that dirty.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
My car gets pretty dirty and I don't care. I mean I care enough to wash it every once in a while, but that's about it. I bought it for the fun factor it gives me. I don't give a hoot about impressing other's with its cleanliness in public.

xtn

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
My car gets pretty dirty and I don't care. I mean I care enough to wash it every once in a while, but that's about it. I bought it for the fun factor it gives me. I don't give a hoot about impressing other's with its cleanliness in public.

xtn
Amen!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts