The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok those brits are just messing with me now right? My washer bottle apears to be held in by gravity? It hangs on the bracket on the trunk but there doesent appear to be any sort of positive retention. It can slide off the bracket easily. Surely I am missing something right?

·
Registered
545 Posts
My bottle has not fallen off yet, I think there is at least a little bit of friction in the bracket. Keeping it full may help, then again if you hit a big bump the weight may go up instead of down.
And by the way, make sure you keep up on pushing all the little bits of trim pieces back on. When you get tired of doing that..... just pull them off, it makes the car lighter!
Have fun!

·
Registered
256 Posts
It could possibly slide off if you were upside down... but I think the washer bottle would be the least of your worries in that situation. -poke-

It could also possibly slide off if you hit something hard enough... but again, I think the washer bottle would be the least of your worries in that situation. :panic:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
if you think thats funny, check out the brake fluid resivour !!!!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
40K miles. I think its still there. Guess i wouldn't miss it since I never use it and it still have the original fluid in it.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lolz. I am sure it is marginally ok just hanging there, but how hard would it have been to use a single bolt? There is no way chevy would allow that on even an aveo. I guess its part of the british charm........Lotus engineers need to take apart a mid 80s 911 as a team bonding event, I think they would learn alot (and then probably ignore it)

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Chevy aveos are not engineered for the lightest weight reasonably possible.

Unless a few people come on here and start complaining that their washer fluid tanks moved out of their intended position, then I'm glad Lotus left out a fastener.

xtn

·
Registered
4,451 Posts

Unless a few people come on here and start complaining that their washer fluid tanks moved out of their intended position, then I'm glad Lotus left out a fastener.

xtn

^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAH! My hero. :clap:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

xtn
Well mine was partially off the bracket hanging crooked and thats how I noticed it, so there is at least one. Chevy aveos are also not engineered for large cornering and acceleration forces, either. Granted it would have to be a vertical force to knock it off, but even on tracks there are bumps, curbings, and elevation changes. While I do think its ridiculous that its held in place like this, I am mostly just having fun with it. IF we want to start on something that actually makes me mad is the battery retention system. I guarentee you that is better in an aveo. I shall fix that with som minor re-engineering however. Hell mabey Ill make a clip to hold in the washer fluid...

Aschen still loves his elise, but calls a spade a spade

·
Banned
7,592 Posts

xtn
It's a Lotus. If they would of used one, there is a good chance it would fall out anyway. rotfl (like all the push in fasteners that held my mudflap on) Perhaps on future models if it proves to be an issue they will tape it on (like the antennae) or use a zip tie. lol.
I should probably just remove mine since I've used it a handful of times in 40K miles. I just keep the car clean and use rain-x some times. Obviously I don't use it with the top off, and I don't care to get that stuff all over the soft top either (it might not be bad for it, but I'm sure it's not great for it), and the hard top isn't on the car that much.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I took mine out along with the original fluid. was happy it was so easy to remove, but I can't picture it falling out on it's own...
Cheers,
Skottoman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts