The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasp flies into my Lotus I'm trying to escape & People still want pics of the Lotus

Wasp flies into my Lotus; people ask for pictures -Funny video - YouTube

I'm hanging out with my friend Joey after a car show and a long day lol... While deciding what to do a wasp flies into my car , lands right on the gear shift. I pull the E brake and get out to let it fly out on its own and not sting me in the process. While trying to collect my thoughts I get asked if its okay for this girl to take a picture of my car, (which was very nice of them to ask) . It's kinda funny how it doesn't matter what you're going through people are always still asking for pics lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me while driving down PCH. I really wish I had a video of my buddy loosing his S**t. Lucky for you, you were able to pull over. I was stuck at a light in the middle of traffic.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I think they're attracted to the brighter colors. I've had that happen to me as well. Fortunately it wasn't that bad because he went out the video in a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ouch! I was kinda nervous because I've gotten stung once before, and I heard that it takes two stings to know if you are allergic or not.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
yikes, I once had a huge mosquito in the car with me. Freaked the eff out.

Couldn't see the girls but if they were old enough :evil:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
chrome orange and the yellows are bug magnets...when I wash my car, between the sweet scents of the soap and wax and the color it is freaking nuts.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Definitely lucky. Mine was just a bee, but I was at a dead stop on the 10 and trying to swat him away and not take my foot off my break (in my automatic mustang). The bee kept going in and out of both sides of the windows and we were flailing around like fish on dry land.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It takes 0 to know that I don't want to be stung :D
really? I thought it was that they sting you and you get allergic to it and then can't fend it off the second time.

So if it stung me , I wouldn't have been close to death? lol

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you guys a bunch of 12 year old girls? OH NOES A BUG... AAAAGHHHHHHHHH! :huh:
um yes? It can sting, I don't know if i'm allergic. I'm out of town. If I can't drive my car , it will be a bitch to have my car to be safe, then i have to pick it up. I'll be worrying about it.

All this to be avoided by stepping out of the car and letting it do its thing?

Yeah , i'm getting out.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I would have done the same thing if not quicker.... As I am very allergic to them....

Last time i was stung, on the wrist, my hand looked like I had put on about 200 lbs....

Now think about my neck....

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
man, that is a lot of KIT in your car! anyway I would have gotten out too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Are you guys a bunch of 12 year old girls? OH NOES A BUG... AAAAGHHHHHHHHH! :huh:
My wife and her dad carry eppy pens (however its spelled) due to bee stings, her dad has been w/o a heartbeat 5 times at a hospital due to bee stings. Thus my wife runs away.... Fortunately her 3 kids do not seem to have much of a reaction, the oldest his entire leg will swell up.....

Thus totally understand some people get out of the bugs way quick..... I am always stuck behind trying to move the bug out of the car.... Rv or whatever

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
How the hell does somebody make it past the age of 7 without getting stung at least a few times?

I got my first sting at the age of 40 :D of course it was while washing the Lotus.
It's like a big damn flower to them.

Damn aggressive Yellow Jackets. Well he lost that play. He got smashed like a pancake for his trouble making deed of the day lol

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
About four years ago, I had the TR4 at Wheels & Wings. One of the autocrossers wanted to hear the sets-off-car-alarms exhaust system. I was just reaching for the key when I got a sharp pain inside my elbow. Ow! ... whatever. Then it happened again. I jumped out of the car and grabbed my sleeve (always wear ex-office shirts out in the sun). There seemed to be something there, so I rolled up the sleeve fast and swept it away. Stepped lightly on the animal and then took a look. Everyone agreed that it was a yellow jacket. I went into the warehouse and somebody gave me some antihistamine pills. The pain went down during the day and I am aware of no permanent effects.

I was happy to see that I made it into my late fifties without getting stung. I have had many occasions when I was menaced by the little bastards.

How the hell does somebody make it past the age of 7 without getting stung at least a few times?

I got my first sting at the age of 40 :D of course it was while washing the Lotus.
It's like a big damn flower to them.

Damn aggressive Yellow Jackets. Well he lost that play. He got smashed like a pancake for his trouble making deed of the day lol

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
reminds me of this from the oatmeal ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have always wondered what caused harold to drive his jag off that cliff! Now I know!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I once had about 5 bees get unleashed from a vent in a small airplane while flying at about 2000'. Somehow I swatted and slapped away while my student flew and didn't get stung or crash lol..talk about being trapped with the enemy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts