The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are preposterously expensive. And in my opinion, close to unethical. I had my Lotus in for a radiator repair. They were going to charge me close to $3000, including $1000 for an OEM plastic radiator. I found an after market stainless steel one for $500 - which Billy informed me - they could not have told me about or advocated. Really? Come on guys.

Then, it took two weeks for the repair to be done. They gave me a Hertz rental car, complimentary... Well, I thought it was. I got a several hundred dollar bill from Hertz a few weeks later, which a note that BMC had declined to pick up the tab. Apparently my repair wasn't cost effective enough for them to pick up more than the standard 3 or 4 days that they cover on the Hertz rental. When Billy told me the car was going to take that long to repair, I asked if it was OK if I still had the rental car. I wasn't using it - it was just to help me drive to and from BMC. He said: "Sure, no problem." Now he tells me he just meant it was no problem to KEEP the car, but obviously I'd have to PAY for it.

If you have an exotic where you absolute need these guys, fine, use them.

As for me, I'm going to dietschwerks, like I should have from the start.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, the rental bill was nearly $500.

I had no need of that damn car. Total waste of money, BMC screwed me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This from Troy Davis, the service manager:

"As well, the delays created in this visit were from indecisiveness on repair and parts pricing authorization which equaled waiting to receive parts from you that you did not buy from us. Why would we extend further rental car coverage for that? It makes no sense."

It makes no sense? So I should put in a substandard OEM plastic radiator when a better one is available at half the cost, in stainless steel? That makes no sense?

If you want to profit from your customers by putting in SUBSTANDARD parts at HIGHER expense.... OK.... THAT makes sense. Makes sense that's how you go out of business.

Oh, and when the customer does something rational like get a better part for a cheaper price, then punish him by sticking him with the $500 hertz bill.

I am telling everyone I know: steer clear of this place. I mean, just read what the manager wrote me. His words, not mine.

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts