The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grr, I was giving a webex / conf call demo to 12 high level people, and while demoing a software package I am developing I saw this 4' Aston Kutcher wannabe spit on the front of my car from my office window.

I paused 5 seconds, thought, "how can I get him from here without interrupting my demo". I had to roll on with it and be charming, while I watched him eventually walk away with his friends, giving my *car* the finger. Douche!

These kids get out around 3:30 every day, I may be waiting for him tomorrow!

Anyone else witness something like this. Boy, people suck.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
As much as I know you would like to throttle the kid. I'd be careful, since he knows where your car is parked. To save his tough kid image after you yell or do whatever to him. He might come back and do some real damage. AND you might not be there to witness it next time. I know that sucks, but I'd hate to have anything really happen to your car.

·
Registered
531 Posts
You're a better man then me, I would have beat him within an inch of his life. :thwack:

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Man, I don't get it. I would never think of vandalizing other people's belongings. But I don't get tagging either. I have to admit, I am someone who does not like to stroke other people's egos. I only admire other people's cars when they aren't around. Unless I know them and they are cool, then that's different.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, had some photo takers today, the usual. There was a 4' Demi Moore wannabe along with 4' Ashton, that was probably it. "Look at my irreverent behavior!" "I'm a rebel, watch this."

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Just another menace to society.

I would be furious. Not much you can really do what about it however in todays world.

Just give the lotus a good wash and start trying to park it somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
WOW. I would have killed the kid. Kids these days have no respect or morals for that matter.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Jealousy is a terrible thing.

I can relate to this young person - being bored to tears, feeling so insecure that one must deprecate the people and things around them... Most of this behavior derives from a person whose self worth is less than zero.

He sees something he likes, something beautiful, then sees himself, how little he is worth and ugly he is, and then lashes out.

I don't condone his behavior, but I feel badly for him to feel it necessary to ruin your stuff instead of the typical self-deprecation he's used to.

I suppose you did the right thing. I'd not have been so disciplined to hold back. I suppose you were right because he or one of his deluded friends could have pulled a weapon on you.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I would have excused myself from the meeting and confronted the little twit. You should have ripped his shirt off, wiped up the spit and threw the shirt in his face.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
crazy thought... do you think the kid's attitude would change if you took him for a ride? he would go from an outsider to an insider

i'm not siding with the kid. my first reaction would be the same as yours. just wondering how it could be prevented the next time

·
Registered
685 Posts
Get the kid's home phone and address. Call his parents and let them know <b>they</b> will be contacted by the police the next time this happens. And they will have to pay for washing and detailing.

Or let them know that you will piss on their lawn or tires :shrug:

Poor parenting is what I'd say...

·
Registered
398 Posts
crazy thought... do you think the kid's attitude would change if you took him for a ride? he would go from an outsider to an insider
That's what I would do if I ever saw anyone spit on my car. I'd offer them a ride. I'd explain Lotus to them, let them have a feel for it, tell them how affordable it is, that they can get one pretty much right after college if they work hard, and hopefully this gives them something to aim for in life.

Want to bet after that he won't spit on a Lotus again? Want to bet he also won't spit on a Ferrari? Want to bet if he sees a friend do it, he will correct them for you? I would. :cool:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you do anything he will be even more angry at you and your car and he will probably key it or worse.

Possibly, if you touch him in any way, he will tell an adult and you will be jailed for assaulting a minor.

In the US the laws protect the scumbags, not the victims.

My advice is to park near a security guard station or something. Another approach is to just talk to the kid and treat him like a friend. Then he will want to protect your car from others instead of wanting to mess it up.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
may I suggest getting his parents' consent before you take this kid for a ride:panic:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Get the kid's home phone and address. Call his parents and let them know <b>they</b> will be contacted by the police the next time this happens. And they will have to pay for washing and detailing.

Or let them know that you will piss on their lawn or tires :shrug:

<b>Poor parenting is what I'd say...</b>
True, which is why it is probably futile to contact his parents. I'll bet they couldn't care less, and fully realize the police will do nothing about a minor spitting on a car.

Second generation parenting fail (i.e. grandparents failed parenting too)

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you touch the kid, you're amazingly screwed, strongly as the desire to grind him into the pavement may be.

Rig up a camera, and if he goes for a repeat performance, call the cops. The system is stacked against you, so, you may as well use it to your advantage and get some proof if possible.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If you do anything he will be even more angry at you and your car and he will probably key it or worse.

Possibly, if you touch him in any way, he will tell an adult and you will be jailed for assaulting a minor.

In the US the laws protect the scumbags, not the victims.

My advice is to park near a security guard station or something. Another approach is to just talk to the kid and treat him like a friend. Then he will want to protect your car from others instead of wanting to mess it up.
+1 - best way to handle it. All other measures will result in a Epic Fail. I was that brat kid once, trust me.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
By no means do i intend to condone the behavior of the little rat, but the reality is that spit is easy to clean. Forget about it. It's not worth fretting over. Seriously, Just be glad that's all he did, as he did no actual damage... it coulda been a lot worse. I've had to learn to look at the bright side on things like this, otherwise i'd have to stop driving the car for fear which i totally refuse to do.

If it were an adult i think befriending the person (and even the test drive) might work, I've done it with a butch i found on my hood. the issues associated with beating up or giving a minor a ride may be too great to risk. If he learned it from his dad, his dad may be furious that his rat son got a ride.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts