The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
It somehow makes me sad to see this kind of discussions when this is where the Lotus brand came from and why most of us admire it so much:

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
It somehow makes me sad to see this kind of discussions when this is where the Lotus brand came from and why most of us admire it so much:

Lotus commercial 1 - YouTube
Understood. I'm bad. I want it both ways.
reason I bought the Evora is because it sits at a nice "middle ground" not too heavy and not too light on features.:UK:
The great compromise, but makes the car more livable over time :up:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Do you guys actually watch DVD's while driving? I thought about it for my kids but it's much better to give them a tablet and some headphones. A couple of weeks ago the four of us did a trip in the Evora and the kids sat quietly in the back with the movies and my wife and I could actually talk. A whole new Lotus experience for us!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Do you guys actually watch DVD's while driving? I thought about it for my kids but it's much better to give them a tablet and some headphones. A couple of weeks ago the four of us did a trip in the Evora and the kids sat quietly in the back with the movies and my wife and I could actually talk. A whole new Lotus experience for us!
No I do not watch DVDs :no:
It allows me to use My "app radio" features which include my track calculators ( dash command. easy OBDII), navigation, and some other features of the pioneer radio. Not sure why they lock those out while driving, but this little device make quick work of it.
I have never actually used a DVD in my radio

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
So, is this intuitively obvious when removing the head unit on the Pioneer AVIC-XC940BT? Bridging wires is the least of my concern. Thanks
Yes. it was pretty obvious. I think even the colors matched up
Black for ground
Green for power
yellow for parking brake.
you can download the manual from pioneer to be sure of the colors. not sure if the Lotus installed units are different.

Works like a charm

·
Registered
412 Posts
How do you allow the alpine launch model to play dvds while moving
For Alpine head units, you need to install a PAC TR7 trigger module.

It permits access to all menus while moving, in addition to enabling video playback.

The the DVD player in the Alpine head unit in my Launch Edition Evora was region locked to Europe. Since almost all of my DVD's were purchased here in the USA, they will not play for that reason. You might encounter the same limitation... just something to be aware of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts