The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed the car the other day and ended up with a puddle of water in the cargo area of the trunk. I know water will run over the engine, but not into the trunk! At least no water entered the cabin. The soft top worked great! Any others out there with this problem or a quick fix? FYI-I didn't use a hard stream of water when washing...only a mist.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hmmm, the water in the trunk and the non working a/c will be major problems for me in Florida.

I can put up with some things, but these are major problems for me.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
xclusivecar said:
Washed the car the other day and ended up with a puddle of water in the cargo area of the trunk. I know water will run over the engine, but not into the trunk! At least no water entered the cabin. The soft top worked great! Any others out there with this problem or a quick fix? FYI-I didn't use a hard stream of water when washing...only a mist.
I’ve seen this problem posted on Seloc before. You might want to have the seals check. In the mean time try avoiding parking on inclines with the nose pointing up.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I only have encountered this when washing the car and on slight incline.. Don't think it's so much the water running in while washing, it's that it pools on the lip all the way around and the leaks into the compartment. Water drainage is kind of tough if the cars slanted back as no where for the water to go. if slanted forward or even level the water drains into the engine compartment.
Chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess i'll have to wash the car on a slight decline (nose pointed down) next time! I can see how the water will pool at the back of the lid and spill into the cargo area. You would think the seals would prevent this from happening.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Here are the water drains for what comes in around the rim of the engine/boot lid...

Maybe they are "overwhelmed" at times. Perhaps enlarging them or adding some more holes would help out. BTW since this PIC I blackened the edges of the soundproofing near the lid hinges as well as the gaps in the trunk carpeting where you can see yellow. I also destickered the battery cover and put on a Lotus F1 World Championship sticker in their place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts