The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on here in awhile, but tried a few words into the Search to try to get my answer but nothing yet, but here goes.

I'm looking for a shield that was available before sometime ago (not sure if it still is) that went between the intercooler and top of the engine. It prevented heat soak. Cannot remember the name of the aftermarket vendor that provided it, but it had and alien face i think on it's website. Hard to look them up in the search when I cannot remember their name. I remember also a few people complaining about them though. Not sure if they're even in business or recommended to do business with?

Wondering if anyone has any leads to where to get one of these?
I'm interested in it for two things.
1) Being a reduction in the heat soak category
2) Maybe a possible shield from rain water wreaking havoc on the engine.

I'm having an issue with rain water causing an issue and thought this may help of if there's another shield to prevent the water from hitting certain areas that will cause issues. I've seen the one thread that says to use dielectric grease and all, but I'm wondering if there's a shield to prevent more in depth?
I don't want to replace the engine hatch, or block the heat escaping too much. But just have something in place that blocks the water from getting to the ignition coils, injector valley, etc., and deflects it elsewhere in the engine bay.
If I cannot find anything, I guess I'll ask our good buddies at GB Composites to fashion something up, if they haven't done so already?

Thanks in advance for any help and leads to a solution.

Cheers,

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. I guess I'm partially answering my own question here. The business I was thinking about is Really Light Stuff, and this shield that they offer: Intercooler Heat Shield – CF | Really Light Stuff

Anyone have any comment on this product or this business? I've heard some bad things about dealings with them from the past. I've looked at their site and Facebook page and they don't seem to have been updated in awhile.

Other than that, I thought the piece would be longer and wider than what they have pictured. So I'm wondering if it would serve as much as a dual purpose piece (heat shield and water shield) as I was hoping it would be. Not sure how much water deflection would occur with it.

Anyone know of any other offerings from elsewhere, or have comments on this product and business?

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts