The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
If they are not too bad, try a hand wash and then use a chamois.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Spray and wash... yes the laundry stuff. I use it on my Subaru and bikes and haven't had any issues with the finish. I have very hard water where I live as I am on a well and this to date has given me the best results.

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water spots are very bad. Never heard about spray and wash but I will give it a try. Polishes and chamois have not done it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Dont use a orbital buffer. By definition water spots are mineral deposits. It will turn the orbital buffer into a orbital sander

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dont use a orbital buffer. By definition water spots are mineral deposits. It will turn the orbital buffer into a orbital sander
Yeah....... no.

If you can't remove water spots by washing alone(w/ and w/o chemicals) then it is time to use an abrasive, because the spots have probably etched in.

Removing etched-in water spots and holograms from a 2010 BMW 528i by Rasky – Detailed Image
Step-by-Step How-To Article using Pinnacle Products with the new PC 7424XP - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Yeah....... no.

If you can't remove water spots by washing alone(w/ and w/o chemicals) then it is time to use an abrasive, because the spots have probably etched in.
Well sure, if you just going to buff it until everything, including the clear coat is gone, then ya leave it on there, it will help. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
675 Posts
I just removed water spots without any elbow grease....klasse all in one works like a charm!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts