The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low 70's today in Maryland. Backed the car out of the garage thinking I'd just be doing some minor projects...instead HAD to go for a drive and take a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Lucky....looks good.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,691 Posts
That Europa looks good! Hope to see you driving it, soon.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Beautiful car but wow I never knew the front sway bar hung that low.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful car but wow I never knew the front sway bar hung that low.
Look at the shifter tube at the back of the transmission, it's even lower.

Yup, that tube goes all the way to the shifter. About 12 different joints/bushings that can wear.

When you sit in a Europa, you're about at eye level with the door handles of an Elise.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Same weather we have in So Cal every winter, gets boring.

However, I loved the picture of your car. Beautiful

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind comments, folks.

FYI the original Lotus alloy wheels are at 'the shop' being restored. Will be getting appropriately sized tires, put the Lotus wheels back on the car, and have it ready for Spring.

With the original size tires (175 front/185 rear) vs what's on there now (195 front/205 rear) I should be able to lower that nose and get its overall attitude right.

Unfortunately, the selection of truly sporty/grippy tires in the OEM sizes are nearly non-existent. I can get Toyo 888's, but they are really track tires and until warmed up aren't so great. After that, choices in OEM sizes are either winter or passenger car tires. May wind up with the Kumho Solus...wouldn't want to autocross with them, but they will do.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Thanks for sharing your joy. We had maybe our last outing for the season a couple weeks back.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I'd like to see a good picture of your engine bay. We are considering addressing ours this next year. It's pretty much all original, survivor but it might be time.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Great looking Europa. Mine might be up for the winter unless another nice day comes around in TN.
I'll have to remember to take my camera to take pics next time but once I'm in it I don't want to get out unless I need gas. It's so fun to drive I never want to stop.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd like to see a good picture of your engine bay. We are considering addressing ours this next year. It's pretty much all original, survivor but it might be time.
This he best I have on this computer. Will find/take one later. The engine bay is the nicest part of the car.

Boosters are gone, as are emissions. Has headers. Different air cleaners. Battery switch. Pretty much the usual 'mods' you see on these cars. The car doesn't need boosters, and they can be problematic. I have them, as well as the emissions, should I ever want to put it back to stock.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts