The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a few days of desperate investigation decided on purchase of Wayne Ellison Design / C&R Racing Esprit Radiator Package. Submitted the request for a quote to them this afternoon, (Friday), and expect reply late Monday or Tuesday.

Been in contact with Wayne seeking his license to manufacture and very happy that he generously agrees to share his work and enthusiasm.

If anyone else wants one now, as in N-O-W, they are welcome to post or PM their serious intention and I will convey their interest to C&R when I talk to them next week.

Bringing this up because there is opportunity to reduce price below their one-off custom rate. Those with interest in making this very fine upgrade are welcome to respond.

Either way, I'm going for it and not waiting around once C&R says they are ready.

Here's a link to a pic and a thread with more info:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1701517-post30.html

If anyone has experience with installation and use your comments would be very much appreciated.

Oh yeah...This is my first thread/post...So, Howdy'all.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will learn price for one on Monday or Tuesday.
But, decided the premium, (whatever it is), over the alternatives is a bargain given the quality and that it is a known quantity designed by an Esprit owner with an apparent engineering dedication to nothing less than the best...so...will PM those with interest as soon as price is available. (Just guessing, somewhere around $1700 and hopeful that is too high a guess, but don't care if its a couple hundred more than something less because its an investment not a cost).

My understanding is Wayne, (likely for his convenience), and C&R, (because its their business), expect a one-sale purchase with a volume purchase discount, not several separate ones, so the deal would be "all on one check." Just mentioning this now because likely whoever else wants one will have to buy from the group plan intermediary, (aka me). Will find out from C&R. Got a PayPal account we can use if needed.

Anyway, the deadline for commitment to purchase is before C&R closes on Tuesday as I will order mine by then because really, doing something about coolant leaking on the garage floor is what I care about most atm.

Indy is less than a three hour drive from my house. Plan is to pick mine up, hope to get a factory tour, and spend at least part of the day racing go-karts indoors.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I have one unused in the box for anyone interested

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I have one unused in the box for anyone interested
One of the radiators by Wayne Ellison? How much did you pay for it?

Sure, I'd like better cooling but $1,700 is not worth it for a weekend fun car IMHO.. that is not tracked anyway...

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Yes, it's a C&R Wayne Ellison special new in the box. I acquired it in a trade, so I can't really gauge how much I have in it. But, I'm willing to let it go for less than what ever the group price comes out to be.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you might check with mhalsey11. He headed the group buy that I purchased mine in, and I know he had an extra (or 2). May have sold by now, but it's worth a PM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts