The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Does anyone know how to go directly to new/unread posts within a thread?

Prior to the change, there was a clickable icon to the left of the subject (thread title) that would bring us to the first new post since our last visit. I don't see an equivalent to that now. Instead, to the far right of the subject, is the name and time of the last-post but that's not the same as the first-post-I-haven't-seen.

Hopefully I'm just missing an obvious button? TIA.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
My company makes so many changes to our IT platform that I’m used to learning a new one on a regular basis. This one is easy after 15 minutes of navigating around. As already stated by the administrators, it was necessary to move to a new infrastructure Platform. Not the end of the world and this site still has the most information and community for Lotus owners of post 2005 cars.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I'm not sure if it is a setting but the posts don't update when a reply is posted. If a response is posted, the post should go to the front and they don't. Give it a try and you will see.
I'm not sure if it is a setting but the posts don't update when a reply is posted. If a response is posted, the post should go to the front and they don't. Give it a try and you will see.
I noticed this too and found that you have to go to "Filters" and change the settings.

Later,
Eldon

·
2006 SportElise #9
267 Posts
My company makes so many changes to our IT platform that I’m used to learning a new one on a regular basis. This one is easy after 15 minutes of navigating around. As already stated by the administrators, it was necessary to move to a new infrastructure Platform. Not the end of the world and this site still has the most information and community for Lotus owners of post 2005 cars.
I'm sure that there are better platforms than VerticalScope. Their data breaches are very concerning to me.

·
Happy To Be Here
809 Posts
I’m not saying I won’t get used to the new format, but I’m looking at my screen real estate. With the new permanent banner, lower bar ad, and ads in threads, what’s left? I have no usable content in the image below. The ads used to not exist if you were signed in. To be clear, that’s a screenshot of THIS thread.

Let me ask this, is there a way to pay money to not see these ever again? Are Premium members plagued by these ads? If so, then THAT would be atrocious.

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is crap. You guys just copied McLaren Life instead of doing something like https://www.trackjunkies.org/
All of our sites are moving to the new platform, McLaren Life is one of those.

The default setting for new posts is those which are unread by you.

You can change the default setting.

Remove the checkmark from unread discussions. Add a checkmark to save as default and click filter at the bottom to save.

Does anyone know how to go directly to new/unread posts within a thread?

Prior to the change, there was a clickable icon to the left of the subject (thread title) that would bring us to the first new post since our last visit. I don't see an equivalent to that now. Instead, to the far right of the subject, is the name and time of the last-post but that's not the same as the first-post-I-haven't-seen.

Hopefully I'm just missing an obvious button? TIA.
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
- Cricket

·
Registered
321 Posts
All of our sites are moving to the new platform, McLaren Life is one of those.

The default setting for new posts is those which are unread by you.

You can change the default setting.
View attachment 1254008
Remove the checkmark from unread discussions. Add a checkmark to save as default and click filter at the bottom to save.

Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
- Cricket
Where do I find that Filter menu. The only one I can find is this:

Cheers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
And also, is there an option to only show new posts since the last time you visited, without having to go into each section and Mark as Read.

Cheers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On the old format there was an option to follow a subforum and receive daily updates by email that showed which threads were updated and which were new. That option has disappeared and I have since gotten an email for every individual new thread in my followed subforums. I have since unfollowed, but I would like to have a nice summarized daily email again. Thanks!

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
And also, is there an option to only show new posts since the last time you visited, without having to go into each section and Mark as Read.

Cheers.
The new post option shows those threads that you have not read, by default.

You can adjust the filters as needed.

There is a divider between new posts that will indicate those that have not been updated since your last visit.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
On the old format there was an option to follow a subforum and receive daily updates by email that showed which threads were updated and which were new. That option has disappeared and I have since gotten an email for every individual new thread in my followed subforums. I have since unfollowed, but I would like to have a nice summarized daily email again. Thanks!
The email alerts no longer offer daily or weekly summaries at this time. It does, however, offer email alerts for threads you follow.

You can change your preferences for emails if you no longer want to receive them, but still, want to follow.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Registered
622 Posts
Previously, I recall a time window where I could edit old posts of 30 days. In the XenForo rendition, I cannot even find a button to edit my recent posts. Am I missing something obvious?

edit: the edit option shows on this post, but not on another.. I guess the time limit changed. I wish it was indefinite...

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Guys, everyone needs more hobbies, more new awkward things to figure out each day. Letks look at this as such an oppoutunity, something to occupy our late night hours after trying to figure out other things all day long.

When I went on to our site the first thing I looked for was if there were any responses to my posts. Quotes, likes, private messages. It was right there in the center of the banner. As best I can tell by some statistics this new hobby does provide, I am the sixth highest receiver of responses to posts on this site. Fortunately it is not subdivided into positive, negative and irritated.

Where are such notifications now?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Without a screenshot of exactly where you are seeing that (with the surrounding content), I am not certain why you are seeing that.

On the new posts page the filter looks like this.
View attachment 1254059
- Cricket

I just noticed that the Filters dropdown was not present for me, but that I'd also been logged out since yesterday. When I logged back in the Filters dropdown appeared. That makes sense, since all of those filters require account-specific info.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Can the for sale section finally be fixed to be able to sort for a specific model? It was painful to have to wade through hundreds of Elise posts to find something for an Esprit.

Also, does the filter menu uh... filter down to the subforums?

Nice job on the migration by the way.

21 - 40 of 112 Posts