The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Without a screenshot of exactly where you are seeing that (with the surrounding content), I am not certain why you are seeing that.

On the new posts page the filter looks like this.
View attachment 1254059
- Cricket

OK, I finally found that.

But it's not what I want. I don't just a list of topics that I have to scroll through. I want the "Full forum listing" to highlight the sections that have new posts since my last visit and then when I select the section, the new posts are highlighted. Just like the old board.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Administrator or moderator, please update my account to Premium member. I just renewed about a week ago and still showing registered. Thank you!

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Previously, I recall a time window where I could edit old posts of 30 days. In the XenForo rendition, I cannot even find a button to edit my recent posts. Am I missing something obvious?

edit: the edit option shows on this post, but not on another.. I guess the time limit changed. I wish it was indefinite...
Editing a post is available for up to 24 hours to allow you time to correct typos, etc.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Does anyone know how to go directly to new/unread posts within a thread?

Prior to the change, there was a clickable icon to the left of the subject (thread title) that would bring us to the first new post since our last visit. I don't see an equivalent to that now. Instead, to the far right of the subject, is the name and time of the last-post but that's not the same as the first-post-I-haven't-seen.

Hopefully I'm just missing an obvious button? TIA.
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
Is this what you are looking for?

Guys, everyone needs more hobbies, more new awkward things to figure out each day. Letks look at this as such an oppoutunity, something to occupy our late night hours after trying to figure out other things all day long.

When I went on to our site the first thing I looked for was if there were any responses to my posts. Quotes, likes, private messages. It was right there in the center of the banner. As best I can tell by some statistics this new hobby does provide, I am the sixth highest receiver of responses to posts on this site. Fortunately it is not subdivided into positive, negative and irritated.

Where are such notifications now?
When you see a dot on your avatar (near the upper right-hand corner of the site) it means you have notifications.

Both alerts and/or conversation (PMs) will have a number next to them indicating how many.

You can also check your threads for replies by going to my discussions.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Can the for sale section finally be fixed to be able to sort for a specific model? It was painful to have to wade through hundreds of Elise posts to find something for an Esprit.

Also, does the filter menu uh... filter down to the subforums?

Nice job on the migration by the way.
Are you referring to the filters within new posts?

Classifieds are something the developers will be working on in the future, hopefully finding better solutions for us.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Setting Your Location
Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select on the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username

Cricket

·
Registered
458 Posts
Are you referring to the filters within new posts?

Classifieds are something the developers will be working on in the future, hopefully finding better solutions for us.

- Cricket
Do these options

Filter down to this view

Because the filter options are different.

·
Registered
458 Posts
You can simply ignore them. ;)

That being said they are working on trophies that will be more relevant to us.

- Cricket
Trophies, likes, whatever are one of the key reasons social media is in it's current state. Other platforms are abandoning them or at least hiding them from readers. Personally I would prefer to see efforts spent on making the site more useful (see posts on for sale section...) than doing anything with trophies.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
What are these?

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Maybe we could start a separate thread for Geico?

Just got a new iphone and ipad recently. The phone got stuck in dark mode and had to be reset completely. Took a couple of days to get a lot of settings back on it that a backup does not do. About the same with the new ipad, many hours to get sites and such to work again. The face recognition is a real fail compared to the iphone’s. The keyboard was changed just enough to make it aggravating.

And then this site is turned inside out. A lot of time spent and I’m not really sure for what.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts