Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Lotus Talk Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

Thank you for all your support!

~ Community Support

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Lotustalk.com will be migrated to our new platform on Tuesday, October 22nd. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support

·
Registered
616 Posts
clubwrx.net changed from vBulliten to Xenforo a while back, in case anyone wants to see the new layout.

my typical 'active topics' or 'todays posts' tabs were exchanged for a nebulous 'trending discussions' or 'popular' list. i have to click around for a bit to find the 'new posts' list.

i guess change is inevitable.

·
Wingless Wonder
5,395 Posts
As a Mod on one Xenforo AG forum, and a user of two AG Xenforo others, be prepared to field a LOT of irritated questions as users' old habits will be difficult to overcome.

Hopefully all the latest enhancements to the Xen software will be implemented, as well as some of the optional stuff (like locations in user IDs) that are not iniveral on the AG forums.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hopefully the new platform has a much more reasonable advertising situation. The ads on this site are AGGRESSIVE. Like when you're scrolling through a thread and every picture in every post has a video ad auto play over top of it, along with the auto play in the bottom right corner that you can't x out of, and if you click the x, it takes you to the advertisers site. There have been many times where I just couldn't take it anymore and had to log out.

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM limits have been set at 250 again. Sorry for the hiccup

Verichai, your ads seem way worse then anything we should have. It'll be moot in a few days, but I'd still be interested in seeing a screenshot of what that looks like

Kevin

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I use Firefox for general purpose browsing mostly because it allows use of the fantastic uMatrix extension, which is adblock, clickjack, popup, autoplay video/audio, and browsing speed up all in one, although it does require you to understand how websites actually work.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
I hope it’s not like what McLaren Life did. After it was improved, the experience is much less usable. https://www.mclarenlife.com/

As said above, old habits are tough to change. I’ve spent untold hours here learning so much. I’d like to think it will be available to others as well.

There is not a site on this earth that someone is not looking to “improve”.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
I hope it’s not like what McLaren Life did. After it was improved, the experience is much less usable.

As said above, old habits are tough to change. I’ve spent untold hours here learning so much. I’d like to think it will be available to others as well.
My bet is that the new site will be the same set up as McLaren Life. All of their (Autoguide.com) moves appear to be of similar format. I rarely visit giuliaforums anymore due to the change. I find it to be much less user friendly. :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.