The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
San Francisco’s British Motor Car Distributors has become the city’s largest private enterprise to install solar panels that will generate virtually all of our daily electric power needs. The rooftop steel structure supports 1606, 175-watt solar panels that even in the City-by-the-Bay’s legendary fog can produce up to 370,000 Kwh annually. The project, conceived in 2007 and begun earlier this year under the construction and supervision of SolarCity of San Francisco and it is now fully online. You can view the grid's activity from a simulation screen in our showroom. Visit Solar City for more information on renewable energy

“It’s a very exciting addition to our business,” said British Motors’ president Kjell Qvale, “We’ll be on the cutting-edge of the green revolution, just as we have been a leader in the car business for over sixty years. Aside from significant savings in power, the rooftop stucture serves to protect our new cars from UV rays and the weather,”

Photos here. http://www.bmcd.com/

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
AWESOME!! Very cool :) I wish I had solar panels on my home! heheh

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Is that to offset the carbon footprint from all the 6 MPG cars you release into the environment?-poke-

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I'd like to install an on-grid system for my home. My idea is to install panels over my patio so that they'd provide an added benefit of shading my patio and a west-facing wall adjacent to my patio.

:cool:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
So I take it you don't want to drive a Lambo next time you come out? :p
I didn't say that. I'll walk to work for a week beforehand to offset it, ride the 50MPG motorcycle, take cold showers, etc. lol.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'd like to install an on-grid system for my home. My idea is to install panels over my patio so that they'd provide an added benefit of shading my patio and a west-facing wall adjacent to my patio.

:cool:

I have rooftop mounted solar. It just works. Where you live, it should work even better!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
San Francisco’s British Motor Car Distributors has become the city’s largest private enterprise to install solar panels that will generate virtually all of our daily electric power needs. The rooftop steel structure supports 1606, 175-watt solar panels that even in the City-by-the-Bay’s legendary fog can produce up to 370,000 Kwh annually. The project, conceived in 2007 and begun earlier this year under the construction and supervision of SolarCity of San Francisco and it is now fully online. You can view the grid's activity from a simulation screen in our showroom. Visit Solar City for more information on renewable energy

“It’s a very exciting addition to our business,” said British Motors’ president Kjell Qvale, “We’ll be on the cutting-edge of the green revolution, just as we have been a leader in the car business for over sixty years. Aside from significant savings in power, the rooftop stucture serves to protect our new cars from UV rays and the weather,”

Photos here. http://www.bmcd.com/
WOW! Before you know it Sorrine will be riding her electric bicycle on her two block commute to work:clap: I really like the Solar ideaology. :up:
The People's Republic of Berkeley is trying to put together a plan to get a solar array installed on the roof of every home in the entire city. You then make a payment to the city until the array is paid off.
The Bay bridges were set up on the same plan:rolleyes:. Once the city get's into your wallet it would be a miracle if you could ever get them out.:thwack:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I have a 3kW system on my house with plans to add another array in the future.

No wonder I saw the SolarCity vans outside BMCD today...and I didn't even know about this until this evening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts