The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working with a company to design a wheel for the Elise and Exige. It would be a one piece forged wheel. The owner of the company is asking me to get as much information as I can. What sizes, styles, price ranges, weight etc... I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the company name since they are not a sponsor but I will say they make a very high quality wheel and they are in publications such as MLE and Du Pont Registry.

I have not seen many aftermarket wheels that I am crazy about so I want feedback as to what everyone else would like to see.

Thanks again,

Eric

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like my black powdercoated LSS wheels so much I'm not sure what it would take for me to switch. Just keep the weight down, tell them this is not the "bling crowd". If it does not serve a function and adds weight don't put it on. Keep the price under $2600 a set.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'd to see standard size forged wheels for Elise. Front 6x16 , Rear 8x17.

Other than the Original Manufactory seven twin spokes wheel, there is no aftermarket for that size.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
16X7 and 17X8
less weight than lss wheels (13lbs and 16lbs) if you can get down to rac mono weights even better (11 and 13)

correct offsets, no spacers

styles I personnaly prefer:
Cup Car
SSR Comps
SSR Type C
Just about any wide 5-6 spoke.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I'm not in the market for new wheels, but the 2 wheels I love the look of are the cup wheels and monolites :drool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. This will help me a lot. I am a rep for this company and I have been going to events and showing my car with stock wheels. Not a great way to represent a wheel company. This company produces wheels for Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc... Most of their wheels are 18"-20"s.

The owner is very interested in tapping into the Lotus market.

keep up the info and I will send it over to him.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I think a five spoke wheel that's as light as the RAC monolights would be a huge success. 16X7 and 17X8 in the low $2,000 range. Deep dish would be a plus

Another beautiful wheel is the Exige wheel, but it weights a ton.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Wheel Design

Chaz,
I've designed Product for over 30 years and have a wheel for the Exige that is great looking and very different.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys, I just spoke to the owner of the wheel company and we may lean towards the cup wheel design. To be honest with you I know what I don't like more then what I do like. I haven't seen too many wheels that I like more then the stock touring wheels. I do want something wider up front. Please keep the comments going as he is going to come up with a design soon.

I still don't know if it is ok to mention the company name. Maybe a moderator can help me with that. I don't want to step on anyones toes.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can I throw a vote in for some ASP sizes that aren't custom jobs? I'm looking at 15x8.5 and 15x10.5 possibly. Wheels in LSS sizes would be nice too.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts